Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Softail Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models-7/)
-   -   Bassani vs V&H (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/302317-bassani-vs-v-and-h.html)

mdemers883 12-23-2008 04:33 PM

Bassani vs V&H

Well, I'm torn between which exhaust system I want for my 08 Fat Boy. I'm looking at the Bassani Pro Street and the Vance & Hines Big Radius. I like them both. I'm looking for something mean looking that also sounds mean and nasty :) Lets hear some feedback on what you guys think!

George C 12-23-2008 04:55 PM

Bassanis will turn blue where V&H won't. Bassanis have side by side collectors that will burn your leg if not careful. V&H won't

Having said all of that, I would get the Bassanis.
Look better, sound better and run better...
Everybody runs V&H, and I rarely see Bassanis..

Big Poppa Pump 12-23-2008 04:58 PM

If you get the full length heat shields with the Bassanis you don't see any bluing. They are an all around better exhaust IMHO.

57RebelRocker 12-23-2008 05:10 PM

I have had bikes with both V&H's and Bassani's...as said above get the heat shields and there won't be no bluing...and my experience with Bassani's is that they sound far better than V&H.and the torque was better...very aggressive sounding...so my vote from experience and just my opinion...Bassani by far...good pipes....had the street pros

mdemers883 12-23-2008 06:41 PM

This is the kind of feedback I was expecting, and I agree. It seems the Bassani has better performance. Although I can't knock the V&H, they make great quality you seem to see a lot more Big Radius out there than Bassani. I would kind of like to get something I don't see as often, and I love the Bassani. The price difference is nice as well :)

bensonjv 12-23-2008 07:37 PM

It depends on the area you are in. We put VHBR on my wife's Deuce in central CA and prior to that there were none to be seen anywhere close.

I can't speak to Bassani's. However, I have tried several different exhaust setups and although there might be some seemingly significant differences on spec sheets, the seat of your pants comparison is what really counts and rarely is there that much of a difference between exhaust setups. But if you like them go for it.

I like the Big Radius. That will be my recommendation. They aren't sissy sounding. The only bad thing I can say about BR is that there is the potential to scrape them if you take twisties seriously.

Originally Posted by mdemers883 (Post 4275075)
This is the kind of feedback I was expecting, and I agree. It seems the Bassani has better performance. Although I can't knock the V&H, they make great quality you seem to see a lot more Big Radius out there than Bassani. I would kind of like to get something I don't see as often, and I love the Bassani. The price difference is nice as well :)

RockyTopRider 12-23-2008 07:44 PM

vh big radius are everywhere and the sound is just ok imho. i bought my night train used and the big rads were already on. my 02 get the bassani pipes..

PaleRearEnd 12-23-2008 07:49 PM

I want to switch to either a Thunderheader or Bassani side by side. My buddy has the Bass pipes on his WG with the baffles removed, it sounds like pure thunder!!

chop09 12-23-2008 08:07 PM

Bassani pro street are all round great pipe.

fripple 12-23-2008 08:43 PM

bassani's sound tons better than the V&H. Big radius don't sound good to me. If you want something similar to the Big Radius then look at the Hooker Troublemakers. They sound really good....deep & throaty sound.