Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani vs V&H

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 04:33 PM
mdemers883
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bassani vs V&H

Well, I'm torn between which exhaust system I want for my 08 Fat Boy. I'm looking at the Bassani Pro Street and the Vance & Hines Big Radius. I like them both. I'm looking for something mean looking that also sounds mean and nasty Lets hear some feedback on what you guys think!

Old 12-23-2008, 04:55 PM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Bassanis will turn blue where V&H won't. Bassanis have side by side collectors that will burn your leg if not careful. V&H won't

Having said all of that, I would get the Bassanis.
Look better, sound better and run better...
Everybody runs V&H, and I rarely see Bassanis..

Old 12-23-2008, 04:58 PM
Big Poppa Pump
Road Captain

If you get the full length heat shields with the Bassanis you don't see any bluing. They are an all around better exhaust IMHO.

Old 12-23-2008, 05:10 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had bikes with both V&H's and Bassani's...as said above get the heat shields and there won't be no bluing...and my experience with Bassani's is that they sound far better than V&H.and the torque was better...very aggressive sounding...so my vote from experience and just my opinion...Bassani by far...good pipes....had the street pros

Old 12-23-2008, 06:41 PM
mdemers883
Cruiser

This is the kind of feedback I was expecting, and I agree. It seems the Bassani has better performance. Although I can't knock the V&H, they make great quality you seem to see a lot more Big Radius out there than Bassani. I would kind of like to get something I don't see as often, and I love the Bassani. The price difference is nice as well

Old 12-23-2008, 07:37 PM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It depends on the area you are in. We put VHBR on my wife's Deuce in central CA and prior to that there were none to be seen anywhere close.

I can't speak to Bassani's. However, I have tried several different exhaust setups and although there might be some seemingly significant differences on spec sheets, the seat of your pants comparison is what really counts and rarely is there that much of a difference between exhaust setups. But if you like them go for it.

I like the Big Radius. That will be my recommendation. They aren't sissy sounding. The only bad thing I can say about BR is that there is the potential to scrape them if you take twisties seriously.

Originally Posted by mdemers883
This is the kind of feedback I was expecting, and I agree. It seems the Bassani has better performance. Although I can't knock the V&H, they make great quality you seem to see a lot more Big Radius out there than Bassani. I would kind of like to get something I don't see as often, and I love the Bassani. The price difference is nice as well

Old 12-23-2008, 07:44 PM
RockyTopRider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

vh big radius are everywhere and the sound is just ok imho. i bought my night train used and the big rads were already on. my 02 get the bassani pipes..

Old 12-23-2008, 07:49 PM
PaleRearEnd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to switch to either a Thunderheader or Bassani side by side. My buddy has the Bass pipes on his WG with the baffles removed, it sounds like pure thunder!!

Old 12-23-2008, 08:07 PM
chop09
Tourer

Bassani pro street are all round great pipe.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:43 PM
fripple
Road Warrior

bassani's sound tons better than the V&H. Big radius don't sound good to me. If you want something similar to the Big Radius then look at the Hooker Troublemakers. They sound really good....deep & throaty sound.

Quick Reply: Bassani vs V&H