Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for anther Harley

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Rocker-Mike
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for another Harley

I currently have a Rocker C, which I have no intention of getting rid of. I would like to eventually get another Harley for going on trips. Getting ready to go on a 1,400 mile ride next week/weekend, but the Rocker is not the most comfortable ride on long rides. Can't afford to buy another new bike, but what would be a good Harley to look for, that I can take someone with me on weekend trips? Thanks in advance for any input.

Last edited by Rocker-Mike; 05-04-2009 at 02:05 AM.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Reino_79
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Electraglide.....If you look hard enough you might be able to find a good used police bike or another used electraglide. But with used police bikes Ill tell you from experience most police bikes are taken good care of mechanically but we usually run them very hard.

If you have the money or are lucky enough to find a cheap one get a street glide. Wish I had the money for a street glide.

With either of those you should be able to add a tour pack to it for extra storage and comfort for your lady friend.

I guess it really boils down to what you want, comfort wise and what your willing to spend.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:13 AM
78fxs78
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right now you can pick up used FLH's (Standards, Classic's, Ultra's, Road Kings etc) reasonable, even an older '90's with an Evo engine is a good scooter.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:16 AM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the road glides...

Old 05-04-2009, 12:48 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Any of the FL's would work well for you, but make sure you get one in decent condition before you go on really long trips.
A fair number of FL's were bought by people with the clear intention of riding them to hell and gone, it is after all what they are made for. But never really did so and those low mileage bikes can often be really good deals if you have the patience to find one.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:43 AM
Xuallus
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd love me a street glide, or a Road King... Plenty of used baggers out there.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:41 AM
cpt.crunch
Cruiser

I have a Softtail and wanted to get "something for the road". While I was in Daytona for bike week the softail broke. When it was in Rossmeyers being repaired, I spotted a brand new 08 Road King that had a sale tag of 16K. A friend told me that if there was a smiley face on the price, they wanted to move the bike. I made an offer of 15k and they took it. The same bike was 21K here at home. So now I have something for the road that I still ride around town (just because its still new), and my baby the softail. I highly recommend the Road Kings. PS The wifey likes it too!

Old 05-05-2009, 02:48 AM
Rocker-Mike
Cruiser

I have been looking at some Electra Glide Classics and Customs online. The price seems to drop when you get into the late 90's and early 2000's. Are there any years to stay away from and are there any years to look for?

Old 05-05-2009, 05:36 AM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I own an 07 Ultra Classic and would take it on a long trip over any bike,... but I still love the Fatboy on shorter trips. It all depends on if you plan on having a passenger or not. I love the looks of the street glides the best of any of the touring bikes, but the wife does ride some with me and the Ultra Classic is best suited for that.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:42 AM
crazybastid83
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Prior to 2002 the fuel injection sucks.

Quick Reply: Looking for anther Harley