Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Heritage seat mounting studs

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 06:42 PM
snowman2006
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Heritage seat mounting studs

I've searched the forum and found a few threads but none that answered my question. I just bought a Mustang Wide Vintage Solo seat for my 2006 Heritage. The Mustang seat uses the side mounting bolts and not the studs up through the fender like the OEM seat. The Mustang seat comes up to, but does not cover the studs. When I put the knurled nuts on the studs, it rubs slightly against the Mustang seat. I'd like to leave the studs on because 1) someone in a thread somewhere said the bracket they are mounted to under the fender is also a wiring harness and don't remove it; and 2) I have a fender bib that I've become attached to and it mounts to these studs. So, has anyone else been in the same situation? What did you do? I've been thinking about looking for some chrome dome or acorn nuts that will fit on the studs and won't rub against the seat. I was also thinking about replacing them with shorter bolts with acorn nuts, but I don't think I can get my hand under the fender without taking it off. Any suggestions/ideas would be welcome. Thanks.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Cheesecake
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by snowman2006
I've been thinking about looking for some chrome dome or acorn nuts that will fit on the studs and won't rub against the seat.
sounds like a great idea....

Old 05-25-2009, 08:17 AM
snowman2006
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to let everyone know that when I posted about the seat bolts I also sent an e-mail to customer service at Mustang Seats. Within a day or two I got a reply from Ike - he said he was putting two chrome dome nuts in the mail to me at no charge. When the package arrived, not only did it contain the nuts, but also a Mustang Seats ball cap.

Their customer service is first class and the product is fantastic as well. Anybody with back problems needs to look at one of these seats. Also, for tall riders (that would be me - 6'5") take a look at the offset backrest post that Mustang offers. I installed this post and it allows me to lean back an extra couple of inches which takes some of the bend out of my knees and I feel much less cramped with feet on the floorboards. When up on the highway pegs, it's like riding an easy chair!