Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'07 Deuce Mods Completed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 01:20 PM
kanderson586
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My first visceral emotion was "WOW!!!!". That looks incredible. One quick question. What did you use to mount that headlight that brought it out far enough to clear the trees?

Old 05-31-2009, 08:39 PM
deucegray
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bender,Bike looks good ,all you need to do now is ride.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:56 AM
Bender
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kanderson586
My first visceral emotion was "WOW!!!!". That looks incredible. One quick question. What did you use to mount that headlight that brought it out far enough to clear the trees?
Kanderson, I picked up the headlight bucket from the Adjure website, http://www.adjureinc.com/ovsait.html , currently overstocked and on sale for $120, Reg $360. The rep advised me to look at the mounting bracket, there are a few here, http://www.adjureinc.com/wideglide.html. A bit pricey at $55, but it dropped the bucket and extended it forward perfectly. I was a bit hesitant at first, but the after receiving it, no regrets. Adjure doesn't make these, they bring them in, but excellent quality. Picture a little dark.

Attached Thumbnails '07 Deuce Mods Completed!-deuce-10-small.jpg  
Old 06-01-2009, 02:53 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

man that's a great lookin deuce. that's the first year of the fat rear tire, right?

Old 06-01-2009, 10:51 AM
Bender
Intermediate

Originally Posted by emwolb
man that's a great lookin deuce. that's the first year of the fat rear tire, right?
Jim, the wider tire came on the softails in 2008, I believe. In 2007, this Deuce came with a 160.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

coolest looking deuce i've ever seen !!!

Old 06-01-2009, 08:48 PM
kanderson586
Novice

thanks bender. I bought a similar light for my 01 deuce and was bummed I could not just bolt it in. I found blocks for headlights but had no idea which to buy. good on ya for the reply. That is the best looking deuce i have ever seen but I can't replicate because mine is my main mode of transportation seven months of the year and I actually tour it alot. Gotta have windshield, tourseat and sissy bar as I am allergic to trailers but not hardcore enough to go naked for roadtrips. I will be in the Black Hills 11th to 16th at horsethief campground in the primitave cabins if anyone out there wants to hook up with my group of six dedicated riders.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:53 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

good work,now ive seen 2 scoots w/ breathers 4 spike
once again FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE my dealer is somethin else
nice job like the color scheme

Old 06-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Bender
Intermediate

As this is my first Harley, I was very cautious at what mods I should do. At first, I thought changing the oil should be left to the dealerships. Pay a little more, and get qualified technicians to do it right. On recurring recommendations on this forum to buy a shop manual, I did and I also purchased a parts manual.

I had the dealership change all three holes to Syn 3 last fall. Prior to installing the SAS Air Shocks, I replaced the tranny fluid. Not required as it was just done, but I felt I should. The friggin drain bolt was hand tight, I literally unscrewed it with my fingers, the threads had the thread seal and the O Ring was damaged and cut. To think that I trusted ......and paid.... for this! NEVER AGAIN! I will now do as much as I possibly can. It may take a little longer, but I will guarantee myself that it will be done properly and without shortcuts.

So after reading many of these posts, I began to plan my mods. I felt that I should share what I have done, as many of you have taken the time to share your experiences. Since this forum has helped me with my mods, I just wanted to return the favor.

1)Reference was made to the breathers on my Spike Air Cleaner. Yes, these can be either internal or external. I felt that the motor should not be expected to swallow what the motor pukes up.

2) The coil cover is an excellent place to mount the push button controls for air shocks. It is barely noticeable and accessible while driving.

3) Some great headlights out there, but pointing them to the front fender seemed wrong. Check for proper mounting blocks, they are available and made specifically for your ride.

4) Mounting the small Kuryakyn 20W silver bullets driving lights to the lower existing holes seemed like a great place. Again, ideas from another post that mounted his turn signal there. Enough light is thrown 10-15 feet ahead of the bike "washing" the pavement in front of me. I feel more comfortable driving and hopefully seen better by other motorists.

5) Why Harley doesn't use two front brake calipers, one on each side, is beyond me. If you ever have to hit your front brakes real hard in an emergency, the single brake setup will pull you and your bike down. So the fork brace is a second option. A great simple mod, and when it comes to safety, should be one of the first on the list. I actually put the Kuryakyn brace on 2 months after I bought the bike.

6) It never fails, you always get a driver talking on their cell phone and doing a lane change right in front of you. Hit the mini air beast horn and they quickly change their mind. Again, a mod that keeps you riding, is a mod well worth it

Again, just something in return that I hope can help a fellow rider.

Have a safe one!

Old 06-02-2009, 02:54 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

That's one SICK LOOKING DEUCE!!!

Quick Reply: '07 Deuce Mods Completed!