Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why I got the Rocker...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 04:55 PM
professor_aquino
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why I got the Rocker...

I've got two sportsters 2005 and 2009 (Love them). My wife gave me the green light to get a new bike...thought about getting me a bagger but they are not for me, and I looked at them with an open mind but if I need to be that "confortable" I'll get a car, thought about getting me a V-Rod, but it doesn't feel like a Harley to me. My favorite bike is the Deuce and is out of prod... Then I saw the Rocker with the heartland kit, these guys are good... fell in love, bought it six months ago and honestly is the best ride I've ever had. And it does look cool, get many people around it every weekend.
ps. When my wife want's to ride we have to go in the sportsters that was the deal....sweet!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-25-2009, 05:02 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

comon now
congrats

Old 06-26-2009, 04:24 AM
Ruralmed
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pics are good, I agree. But they don't capture that 4th dimension that Rockers have in person. Probably why people bash them online who haven't seen one in person. That 4th dimension must explain why folks always seem to snap pics of em or gather around to ask about it.

Old 06-26-2009, 04:48 AM
FATBOY777
Cruiser

I thout you were gonna say because you ate a bowl of ugly

Old 06-26-2009, 05:17 AM
rubiconMike
Road Captain

Originally Posted by FATBOY777
I thout you were gonna say because you ate a bowl of ugly
^ That doesn't even make sense.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:53 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 816 Likes on 802 Posts

I won't bash them, and I have seen them and sit on them... just not for ole Grandpa and Grandma...

Old 06-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Someguy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i went in the harley shop, to buy a V-rod. its a cool bike, and it fits me a lot better than the Rocker. but when i laid eyes on the rocker. i was hooked. so i plopped down the extra cash, and got the rocker instead.

Old 06-26-2009, 03:18 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruralmed
Pics are good, I agree. But they don't capture that 4th dimension that Rockers have in person. Probably why people bash them online who haven't seen one in person. That 4th dimension must explain why folks always seem to snap pics of em or gather around to ask about it.
I cant stand Rocker bashing. Its senseless and without merit.

Moco took the often modded to the extreme softail frame and went to work on putting what would amount to 10-15 grand worth of the mods that they saw a certain group of customers doing to these bikes. Guys with big boats with two 454's and stuff. that well off guy who would do as he pleased to his Softy or even buy a custom build do to the overall sedatness of the lineup pre Rockage.

They put on a big *** 240 tire...How much would that cost on a regualr softy?

They raked the forks and did up a custom seat and tank combo.

They built what a big group of guys who were buying softails standards were building anyway at a much reduced cost...Like way reduced.

To bash the Rocker is to bash Harley customization as a whole....The guys who hate Rockers are the guys who wouldnt have done a 250 kit on the *** of whatever they ride, they wouldnt have raked the front or shelled out the cash for a custom gas or oil tank. The Rocker is to me an extremely customized Softail for a fraction of the money with a warranty!!

So maybe I dont want a raked fork on my ike? So what the merte fact that I can go buy a Harley softail with a 240 tire and a raked fork from the factory should I want to do a chopper type ride is pretty cool and should be considered impressive work on Moco's part.

Dont hate. Its silliness

Old 06-26-2009, 04:37 PM
mplecha
Stellar HDF Member
Received 159 Likes on 98 Posts

I wouldn't call a production bike "custom". just doesn't fit.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:23 PM
RocketRocker
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree - HD mass produced "custom" parts not so custom. Piece of metal that was first fabricated in your head than put into reality thru sharp objects, fire and blood - its sporrific

The more hate I hear on "blog boards" towards Rockers the more I laugh because when I go anywhere I get buisness cards dropped in my helmet asking to buy it or people taking pics out the windows of there cages .....so maybe the "blog board" is a way for people to "hate" at a stand off.

Quick Reply: Why I got the Rocker...