Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Takin a not so standard trip to the dark side

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 09:02 PM
twisted125
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Chaz. I would love to see that breakdown. You and your ride are a good inspiration to us. Ive got the wise shopping mentality now. Thanks to yall others motivatin me too, especially the train guys. LOL its like adopting a child into another family. People may think I started with a train and threw some Pacific Blue Pearl on.

I figure this much right now.

Burly 14s - buck and change
Heritage risers - cheep off ebay
still need that progressive front drop - buck 20
Black Big Sucker - buck 60

A plus is that I have a Bday around the corner, and Xmas backing that up.

Starting soon Im going to start pulling off parts here and there and getting them powdered / painted.

Still kinda on the fence about the wheels. I know this, I like the design of the wheels I have, solid rear, profile laced 21" front. And think they MAY look good powdered. HOWEVER, Some black spokes front and rear would be killer, and I know that my "option" wheels from HD can pull a pretty penny on ebay or on here, may offset the price of the spokes.

Front fender - I figure 80-100 plus paint.

I cant wait to get this rollin!!

Old 09-16-2009, 09:55 AM
twisted125
Road Master

Free fall, is that rear the same as mine? Did it come black or did you get it powdered, Im diggin it!

Old 09-16-2009, 10:27 AM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
Love that bike....Why do I have the urge to reach in my monitor and rotate yer' bars foward just a ****** hair?

Love the air horns bro! Love the whole look...By gawd I want some whitewalls more than ever before...They dont make an 18/160/60 whitewall of any sort though.

I went air horning as well....I'll never go back!

I started off with em' chrome...

Then PC'ed the body of the deal black..

Man I want some whitewalls...may hafta bust out a can of that creepy Euro-Peen Whitewall paint!!
Man that is a beautiful bike, your eyes are right, my bars need to be a notch forward, that is on my 'to do ' list.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tri Bar LED taillight will help a lot on journey to the dark side! Get rid of that big ugly red light under that rear fender!

Old 09-16-2009, 11:13 AM
twisted125
Road Master

^ Noted!!

I need to get down to the PC'er and see some samples of different levels of satin etc. May pull off my struts this week. Seems like a good place to start.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:35 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Twisted I like that blue paint

Old 09-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by klf33
Man that is a beautiful bike, your eyes are right, my bars need to be a notch forward, that is on my 'to do ' list.
I cant stop thinking about yer' whitewalls....I gotta have some. I'm obsessing now. My front is no biggie as its bald and slated to be replaced next month anyways...Its that 160/60/18 rear thats killing me in the Whitewalleds category!!...

I may hafta paint it with this crap:http://www.mbzponton.org/valueadded/other/tirepaint.htm

It must be done...No rest til' its completed!!

I didnt want you to take offense to my move the bars comment...Glad you didnt! Those bars are a "****** Hair" away from perfection. Opens up the cockpit and looks uber cooler...

Just a ****** hair Bro!

Thanks Chaz. I would love to see that breakdown. You and your ride are a good inspiration to us. Ive got the wise shopping mentality now. Thanks to yall others motivatin me too, especially the train guys. LOL its like adopting a child into another family. People may think I started with a train and threw some Pacific Blue Pearl on
You are too kind! Ya' know my whole mentality is to NOT be that guy with the maxed out credit card in one hand and a Drag Specilties book in the other.....That whole $30,000 invested story makes me wanna vomit everytime I hear it.

A better line would be...Paid MSRP for my bike at 20 grand, bought 4 grand worth of Kurayken and Harlet branded crap for 8 grand as I didnt shop around, Then I somehow gave my local dealer several thousand dollars to bolt it all on....Motor is still stock internally but has pipes and an air cleaner so it has 8,000 pounds of Torks and gobs of Horsepowers.

Fvck being that guy.

I do all my own work cept' internal motor mods.....Working on our bikes is easier than working on a VW Bug and 1.7 million Hippies cant be wrong!!

Cant wait to see the finished product Twister...Its gonna be badass and give you even more pride...If thats possible?

I'll getcha a breakdown soon as I get a chance!

Old 09-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stupid_rope
Twisted I like that blue paint
I do too.

The black and blue will look good.

custom license plate: BRUISER?

Old 09-16-2009, 12:30 PM
twisted125
Road Master

Thanks Hollywood and stupid, I dont see that blue very often. Bruizer . . I like it! the song blue on black comes to mind. Im sure Chaz will chime in with a youtube clip. What do yall think about powderin my factory wheels? I think Im diggin the solid rear in black, front profile laced black with stainless spokes? I think with the solid rear, my rear disk will pop and keeping my upper belt guard the way it is will move your eye to and from the *** with out it looking like a black blob from the port side. Dash will be painted. Maybe gloss on that and the wheels.

Long boy front fender, I hate that factory one. you can ALMOST look directly at the side and see through over the tire. erks me.

Chaz - I remember seeing that thread with the guy quotin 30 large, the dude was droppin it on craigs right? what a joke - As I have yet begun to **** 100 dollar bills, I fly below the radar too.

Thanks everyone, Chaz, that rep is deserved, you post good stuff on a lot of topics round here.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:01 AM
twisted125
Road Master

ok, I got in touch with the powder coater last night and he quoted me some stuff.

Struts - 35 a piece
wheels - 140 for the pair

Question : I asked if he had capabilities to remove the chrome before the powder goes on. He says that he powders OVER chrome. ???? I thought you had to strip em?? He said if he has a nice smooth polished surface to start with, he just goes on top of the chrome. Is this so???? Last thing I was is to put my stuff back on, have some powder chip off, and have to go down the road to shove a powder gun down this dudes throat. Any advice? Chaz, did your guy strip your stuff?

Quick Reply: Takin a not so standard trip to the dark side