Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I just bought a girls bike. LOL

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 12:04 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by C. Numb
That sounds about right, or actually a pretty good deal. Keep in mind, it is 8 years younger and is right on the cusp of when they start to become more valuable. It is an XLH as opposed to an XLCH and has 18K miles instead of 3900. The fact that it is stock guarantees it's place in history and it will be worth more in years to come, but you cant really compare the two bikes any more than I could compare mine with a 62 with 150 miles on it.
Not really comparing them...Just saying there are a lot of nice unmolested older bikes out there....Your bike certainly is a rare bird and worth what you paid for it, at least to you. That is all that really counts.

I wasn't knocking your deal. I was just commenting on the fact that I see a lot of older unmolested bikes out there in my travels, some of them at fair prices and some of them rarer than others...like my buddy's 1984 XR with about 9k miles on it.

Attached Thumbnails I just bought a girls bike.  LOL-xr1000.jpg  

Last edited by xxxflhrci; 12-17-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:14 AM
C. Numb
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by xxxflhrci
Not really comparing them...Just saying there are a lot of nice unmolested older bikes out there....Your bike certainly is a rare bird and worth what you paid for it, at least to you. That is all that really counts.
Understood. I think, due to increased production and change in fashion, we are going to see a lot more unmolested older bikes as we move further away from the 60's. Of course, the more there are of a particular bike, the less value they have as a collector's bike.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:30 PM
travis dasher
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by c. Numb
well guys, the plan is very simple. Clean it. Polish it. Put some new tires on it, while keeping the current tires to put back on for antique/classic bike shows. Ride it within reason, maybe 1000 miles per year. And dont modify it at all. It is a different enough bike simply by being stock. I want to preserve it for history.
cool....

Old 12-17-2009, 07:00 PM
spooner
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SuburbanMom
That's pink, right?

Just makin' sure my old eyes are seeing that correctly.

Congrats on the bike! That Sporty is older than me! Enjoy it!
Pink?
OH NO! Not again!

Good idea to change the tires, those old tires will be very hard, if you ride into any water on the road, they will slide out from under you. Also, make sure that you start it at least once/month. If it sits for a couple of months it could wet sump on you and puke oil all over the place when you do start it. Ride it and enjoy, I had a '73 that I hardtailed and currently have a '79. If you ride it and the motor sounds like its tearing itself apart, it's actually running correctly. There's no head like an Ironhead!

bigmikespinstriping.com

Last edited by spooner; 12-17-2009 at 07:23 PM.