Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would you change paint on an Anniv. (105th) Fatboy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockyriver
I don't think anyone is going to say when you sell the bike, "Oh I don't want that bike since it does'nt have the original paint".

true, but he can't call it an anniversary bike either. No biggy, but the anniversary thing is out the window once he paints.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

Originally Posted by mimo
Anniversary paint (2003) says just one thing about your bike and that is: it is a 7 year-old ride... The only anniversary of your bike is the date you got it. Other than that I don't care that much for the 2003 paint schemes. If you care for it or think (imagine) that there will be an added value for that in a re-sale moment, then get an extra set of parts to paint your bike the way you want to.

Mimo.
His is a 2008.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Greggle
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree. I have an 03 Heritage with the silver and black. I'm not crazy about it. I just tried to get an extra set of tins on e-bay but they went for $750.00. For that much I'd rather paint mine. Although beauty is in the eye of the beholder because alot of people have told me that they love the silver and black. If you don't like it then the answer is easy. Paint it.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:48 PM
BigSeaDaddy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be your huckleberry! I love the copper and black, that's why I have one in the garage. Ya they did not go over like the black and silver anniv. color but that's ok too. I do not see them around much and that is ok too.

The value of the bike is not going to go up cuz its an anniv. bike or even hold its value. That has not happened with any HD's in a long time.

If he wants to swap or paint tins I think he should. Worst thing in the world is to ride a bike that he is not happy with.

I got my copper and black for 5 grand less with a free 5 year warranty but that was through the military. I saw the paint setting in the sun and thought it was real pretty! Allot better looking then the standard Vivid F'n Black that every swing dick is riding. But that's just my humble opinion that don't mean ****. Just like every other opinion, only yours matters. So if he is is no longer in love with it.....pull it and fall in love again.

That said I am not about to let the anniv. status stop me from pulling stuff of and making my bike my own. I hated the seat and its gone. The air filter and timing cover are gone as well. At this point my bike is in pieces getting an all new look but I will keep my copper and black....

Last edited by BigSeaDaddy; 01-12-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:51 PM
djcustom1
Tourer
Default paint

i have an 08 105th and i dont like the paint eather, But i bought it to keep,I plan on having mine painted soon.Can get a killer paint job of what ever i want on it local for about 1600 to 1800 dollers. I dont think it will hert the price, thay are numberd bikes.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Rockyriver
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not a fan of Black Heritage Softails with saddlebags. I love Heritages but the black ones IMHO with saddlebags I would paint in a heart beat or trade in.

Last edited by Rockyriver; 01-12-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:00 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
His is a 2008.
whoops! true... still same thought, regardless the year.

Mimo.

Old 01-12-2010, 06:07 PM
HDPhD
Tourer

Cool.... I just let him read all of these. Totally appreciate the honest thoughts.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:04 PM
DrawDown
Road Master

Originally Posted by beaureed445
Get a set of tins off eBay, have them painted, and remove the 105th Anniv sheet metal....if you think it'll be worth something some day. Otherwise, just paint them, as already mentioned. I would keep the tank badges, just for sentimental value.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

Originally Posted by Rockyriver
I'm not a fan of Black Heritage Softails with saddlebags. I love Heritages but the black ones IMHO with saddlebags I would paint in a heart beat or trade in.
I totally agree.

Quick Reply: Would you change paint on an Anniv. (105th) Fatboy?