Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Mini-Bullet Run/Turn/Brake&Badlands III Problem!Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 08:57 PM
goxley
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks to me like the steeler didn't do a very good job checking his work. Take your bike back and have them redo the electrical. Make sure they do a good job hiding the wires.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:47 PM
RNBONES
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tracy, when i installed mine i was like "UH OH!!!!" A lot of wires on one end and not a lot on the other. Its really not that hard if you have a service manuel. With that being said i would have to think that like said prior its something as simple as a bad ground or crossed wires. It is plug and play, they are right about that but there is a catch. With mine i had to cut my stock wire harness from my stock lights and break. I then plugged the badlands into the bike then the stock harness back to the badlands. No here is where the "plug and play" went out the window. You now have to connect the cut end of the stock harness to your new signals and break light. If i remember right i didnt end up using one of the wires. the only issue i had was my tail light not working as a running light but everything else worked great. My heartland minni billets are wired for stop, run, turn and are bright as heck so not having the brake as a running light was not a big deal to me. I hope this some how gives you a little insight for when you have to go back to the stealer?? anything else, just hit me up bro.!

Old 02-27-2010, 10:11 PM
skipper469
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RNBONES
Tracy, when i installed mine i was like "UH OH!!!!" A lot of wires on one end and not a lot on the other. Its really not that hard if you have a service manuel. With that being said i would have to think that like said prior its something as simple as a bad ground or crossed wires. It is plug and play, they are right about that but there is a catch. With mine i had to cut my stock wire harness from my stock lights and break. I then plugged the badlands into the bike then the stock harness back to the badlands. No here is where the "plug and play" went out the window. You now have to connect the cut end of the stock harness to your new signals and break light. If i remember right i didnt end up using one of the wires. the only issue i had was my tail light not working as a running light but everything else worked great. My heartland minni billets are wired for stop, run, turn and are bright as heck so not having the brake as a running light was not a big deal to me. I hope this some how gives you a little insight for when you have to go back to the stealer?? anything else, just hit me up bro.!
thanks for the info Ric! It makes sense, but will be mixed up jargon when I get there. Here's what I'm going to tell them to do...... I don't know what the focking problem is... Your the mechanic... I paid you half a damn semester of college worth for mechanical work that you didn't do right.... Now fix the damn thing before I ride it up your ***!! I've learned a lot from this round of mods, all the way up until delivery today. I will not repeat them! I wish I had friends like you close by.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:27 PM
RNBONES
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck! I just really don't understand how you could let that bike leave there building with out the lights working ?????????? Thats the problem these days, nobody does there job. Why is it when you find a shop/mechanic/dealer or whatever that has good customer service like DR.V or you pay somebody to do some work and they actually do it right its called "going the extra mile"????? I mean isn't that the way its just supposed to be? This is by no means a down play of the level of service from DR.V-TWIN cause they are above and beyond. Its just a shame. Sorry to vent!!!! Anyway just thought i'd help out with my experience so you have some leverage with the stealer.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:26 PM
skipper469
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by RNBONES
Good luck! I just really don't understand how you could let that bike leave there building with out the lights working ?????????? Thats the problem these days, nobody does there job. Why is it when you find a shop/mechanic/dealer or whatever that has good customer service like DR.V or you pay somebody to do some work and they actually do it right its called "going the extra mile"????? I mean isn't that the way its just supposed to be? This is by no means a down play of the level of service from DR.V-TWIN cause they are above and beyond. Its just a shame. Sorry to vent!!!! Anyway just thought i'd help out with my experience so you have some leverage with the stealer.
Venting is good Ric, and I totally understand. After such a long and stressful ordeal, all I wanted was to get my bike and leave those rapists behind. They demonstrated the brake and turn sigs, but I was on the opposite side of the bike from the side mount plate. I guess I took it for granted that these dill wads new what they were doing and had some sort of QC. As far as Dr. V-Twin.. He's like Floyd the barber in small town U.S.A . He's honest, shares the same community, and is working his tail off just to make ends meet by good business! My point..? It's a rarity these days!! They've been the best part of those whole mods experience! They actually saved me money instead of swindeling it from me!!

Old 03-06-2010, 08:04 AM
skipper469
Road Warrior

UPDATE!! I went down to the stealer, and they fixed the RUN/BRAKE/TURN problem, by removing my Badlands III Load Equalizer, and replacing it with a "Harley" RUN/BRAKE/TURN Load Equalizer. They didn't even bother to call and get my approval for this!!! Sounds shadey, but what do I know? I'm not knowledgeable about mechanics or electrics . so it's hard to argue any point. They also said that the RSD side-mount plate RUN/STOP light coming on when I brake, and then going out for a second, and coming back on is a problem within the light itself???

Old 03-06-2010, 08:46 AM
Tom84FXST
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,642 Likes on 5,493 Posts

If you are running a Badlands III Load Equalizer...it is working correctly except for the "going out for a second" part. To get run/brake/turn function you need ORIGINAL & PLUG-IN Illuminator™ : RUN , BRAKE & TURN MODULE according to badlands website.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:19 AM
skipper469
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Tom84FXST
If you are running a Badlands III Load Equalizer...it is working correctly except for the "going out for a second" part. To get run/brake/turn function you need ORIGINAL & PLUG-IN Illuminator™ : RUN , BRAKE & TURN MODULE according to badlands website.

Well... Sounds like I didn't have the proper equipement needed the first time out. Should the RSD side-mount tail light RUN/BRAKE problem be an easy fix? Or am I going to need to take the damn thing off completely and send it back to them?

Old 03-06-2010, 11:26 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I'll be calling them on Monday for you Skipper. It sounds like we might have gotten you wrong run turn brake mod. We will get it sorted out. Let me know what I can do to make this right for you. Drew

Old 03-06-2010, 11:42 AM
skipper469
Road Warrior

Not an issue with the run/brake/turn module Dr. . That is my fault, not yours. My concern is with the RSD side mount plate light being on in run mode, and then coming on for brake mode, but when I release brake, it goes out for a second, and then comes back on into RUN mode. Can just the "light" portion be removed and fixed? Or do I need to have the side-mount plate and light unit completely removed?

Last edited by skipper469; 03-06-2010 at 12:01 PM.

Quick Reply: LED Mini-Bullet Run/Turn/Brake&Badlands III Problem!Need Help!