Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A CALL FOR ACTION AND PRINCIPAL! LOOK AT SHOTGUN THREAD!! Ending!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 11:16 PM
skipper469
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default A CALL FOR ACTION AND PRINCIPAL! LOOK AT SHOTGUN THREAD!! Ending!

I love the forums, but cannot beleive what is happening on the Shotgun Shock air ride system thread!!!! A site sponsor (Dr. V-Twin) who tries to help us all out by giving us good deals and taking care of us on great product pricing and customer service is under attack for trying to help us forum members out on a good deal!! Please check out the ending post on the Shotgun air thread, as it is a call for what's right and pricipal!! My personal opinion is that the poster taking personal pop-shots at a site sponsor should be banned!!!

Last edited by skipper469; 03-02-2010 at 11:41 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:28 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

You know where we stand on the issue. No reason to attack us when we attempt to do what's right and offer a comparable product at the same sale price.

It's simple.

JD at Shotgun doesn't want to honor his commitment he made to us and has decided NOT to sell to us which puts us in a very difficult position.

We then offer Platinum's system at the SAME PRICE we initially offered the Shotgun setup. What more can we do? We are angered by what JD at Shotgun has done to us, but we can't force him to follow through with his promise to supply us with product.

We have never encountered this issue before. Why wouldn't a manufacturer want to sell 10+ sets of shocks to us at almost $1100.00 per set? That is a lot of money he is leaving on the table. Makes no sense to us. In this economy, it is just dumb, but that is my opinion.

We welcome everyone here to call JD via phone and/or email him to let him know that what he is doing is simply wrong.

Again, we sincerely apologize for this. Who knows where this goes.

Shawn

Old 03-02-2010, 11:36 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey, Dr,
I wouldn't sweat it. Pretty sure you guys do the right thing. Although I haven't made any business with you (yet), I trust my fellow riders on this board when they say that your company is top notch. **** happens, Shotgun's loss, someone else's gain. IMO, you did what there was to do, no reason to get the blame for someone elses weird business practices. Keep up the good job, and screw the whiners.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:38 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by frenchman
Hey, Dr,
I wouldn't sweat it. Pretty sure you guys do the right thing. Although I haven't made any business with you (yet), I trust my fellow riders on this board when they say that your company is top notch. **** happens, Shotgun's loss, someone else's gain. IMO, you did what there was to do, no reason to get the blame for someone elses weird business practices. Keep up the good job, and screw the whiners.
Thank you so much! Your words mean a lot to us.

I just posted this thread:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ml#post6337378

Shawn

Old 03-03-2010, 12:04 AM
skipper469
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Thank you so much! Your words mean a lot to us.

Shawn
Let me say this. I am neither a fool; or an idiot. When I buy ANYTHING, I expect to get the best deal for my money! I also expect to be treated with respect, and demand integrity out of the business(s) I chose to use. I do not waiver or prostitute my values for anyone! I thoughtfully and very carefully talked to and shopped around vendors after having a horrrible and costly experience. When I spoke with Shawn and Drew of Dr. V-Twin, I knew I was getting the best price and the best customer service I could ever expect to get! Without worry or hesitancy I have spent over $6,000 of my HARD EARNED MONEY with them!!! I also saved a bundle! On a few items I even paid more than what I could have gotten it on through lets say fleebay by a few dollars. But I got what I paid for AND MORE!!! Maybe it's just me; but when I find a good thing.... barber, pub, restaurant, whatever? I chose to use it as it's reliable, honest, trustworthy. These are the reasons I CHOSE to to do business with Dr. V-Twin. Find out for yourself if you're in the market for something. I have nothing to gain here!

Socrates-"Kindness Begets Kindness"

Old 03-03-2010, 12:23 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Skipper, thanks for clarifying that. I will bend over backwards for my customers as I give the type of service I would expect. All too often in this industry this is forgotten and ruled by the almighty dollar. It has left a bad taste in my mouth. To anyone who may be wondering what has happened, read the other thread Dr. V-Twin started. Drew

Old 03-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts

Hey Guys, I took care of the problem on that thread and talked to the individual you are speaking about. He was nice enough to stop and was very pleasant to me. I don't see any need to start this topic up again so I'm gonna lock this thread. I agree with you that Dr. V-Twin is a very good sponsor and deserves our consideration (from admin and members) and has helped many members. It's not against the law to disagree with someone but I will not allow bashing. Personally, I'd like to see us stop bashing the other company involved here too (the company that backed out) since he is not here to defend himself or his company. Let's just leave it at that and move on.