Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 12:52 AM
RightOnFatty
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stratoscape
Right on.. My issue occurred right after a rear tire change as well.. From what I have learned it is not dirt your rear brake was not reinstalled correctly and that small pin was not installed correctly.
Here is a photo of my Rear disc after mine locked up and it turned a nice neon blue... You can see inside pad through the inner hole.. that is bad...
Have they (the mechanics) ever admitted that they did a terrible job, which in turn caused your brake to lock up? Bad publicity and costly liability keep them from doing so. Now that they fix the brake on the bike, I do notice that there is no more of the scraping noise coming from the rear wheel when moving the bike around in the garage. That was the hint to the problem that did escape me back then. Just wanna bring that up so that every one can be warned.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:15 AM
t03cutt3r
Cruiser

Originally Posted by atlantaallen
A couple of more questions: Your visor style head lamp ring doesn't stick out enough to cover up the protruding headlight when using a truck lite does it?
I'm thinking I'll have to used the frenched one.
I have the TL Phase7 light with this visor ring.

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-nietchm.jpg

Old 07-03-2013, 10:25 AM
JSharp
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not the best pictures but it won't stop raining long enough to get outside. I also have a sundowner seat and sissy bar for when my wife rides. But I kinda like the stock seat looks I just wish it was a little more comfortable.

Here is the other side, not as artsy as Sean.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-image.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-image.jpg  

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 10-08-2017 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:46 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

Originally Posted by Griff11Lo
You're still welcome back here to post now and then. However if you do you need to change or hide your sig pic. It seems like your kinda rubbing it in.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:14 PM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
You're still welcome back here to post now and then. However if you do you need to change or hide your sig pic. It seems like your kinda rubbing it in.

" It seems like your kinda rubbing it in."

Wow the happy face reply was for the post above mine to Stratoscape.
I am to old to be rubbing it in anyone's face. Just don't post anymore pics of any mods that anyone gets or parts they get cuz you don't wanna offend someone.
You all be cool had fun in the FBL group and I appreciate all your input.
You all ride safe and keep the rubber side down.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

Originally Posted by Griff11Lo
" It seems like your kinda rubbing it in."

Wow the happy face reply was for the post above mine to Stratoscape.
I am to old to be rubbing it in anyone's face. Just don't post anymore pics of any mods that anyone gets or parts they get cuz you don't wanna offend someone.
You all be cool had fun in the FBL group and I appreciate all your input.
You all ride safe and keep the rubber side down.
Hey. Sorry if I offended you or something. I was totally kidding. I didn't mean to imply literally that you were being some kind of a-hole or something and intentionally trying to rub it in. Sometimes sarcasm/a little ball busting, doesn't come across so well on the internet. Hell I'd be getting a streetglide myself in the next month or two except I have to spend my reenlistment bonus paying off the wife's student loans. Again I apologize if I came across the wrong way. Feel free to post pics of the new ride once you get some mods and if you don't mind try to stay away from chrome.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Firemed509
Tourer
Default Mods done.

The pics are not the best but, I just finish up my passing lights and windshield mods. I added Harley LED passing lights with independent control harness and relocated my turn signals. I also added a Klock Werks Bilboard windshield. I also added the Auxiliary Brake Light/Running Light/Turn Signal Conversion Kit. The LED are so bright, very happy with them. The Klock Werks windshield is kick ***. I replaced a Harley windshield. I have noticed a major decreased in buffering. I'm also very happy with the turn signal conversion kit. Now when i hit my brakes it is 3 times s bright.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-photo-1.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-photo-3.jpg  
Old 07-05-2013, 07:59 AM
dizzy1450
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JSharp
Here is the other side, not as artsy as Sean.
Haha...looks good man. I kinda wish I'd gotten vivid black.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:17 PM
RightOnFatty
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Firemed509
The pics are not the best but, I just finish up my passing lights and windshield mods. I added Harley LED passing lights with independent control harness and relocated my turn signals. I also added a Klock Werks Bilboard windshield. I also added the Auxiliary Brake Light/Running Light/Turn Signal Conversion Kit. The LED are so bright, very happy with them. The Klock Werks windshield is kick ***. I replaced a Harley windshield. I have noticed a major decreased in buffering. I'm also very happy with the turn signal conversion kit. Now when i hit my brakes it is 3 times s bright.
I like the LED headlite setup myself. Will have to save up for that. I'm also with you on the Klock Werks windshield. I have one and can vow for it many times over. The wind buffeting was cut down dramatically. I don't feel the wind bothering me that much any more. Looking great, pro.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:03 PM
JSharp
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dizzy1450
Haha...looks good man. I kinda wish I'd gotten vivid black.
Thanks, that is interesting because I looked at black denim while traveling but when i got back home my local dealer had just received a vivid black one. They made me deal i couldn't refuse so I bought it. Funny thing is I almost went with the Rinehart I saw on your bike from an earlier post because it looked really good but when i talked to my dealer, once again he made me an offer on the vance and hines i couldn't say no to and packaged it with the SERT, i already had the roland sands air cleaner. Either way fatboy los are just good looking rides. :-)

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners