Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 07:42 AM
JasonV
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rquirch
anyone here thought about "chopperizing" their lo?

im seriously thinking about going minimalistic on my mine... i found some dudes online that make a strutless short fender for a stock 200 tire, a lot cheaper than heartland.
i found some tank risers online for about 50 bucs...

thoughts?
Where'd you find that cheaper fender? Link?

Old 01-08-2011, 09:25 AM
AtlasRocker
6th Gear

ThePinger
I too went with the street slammers and had them put on before I took delivery. Besides liking the look, the reason I did it was it stopped my shoulders from rolling slightly forward when use the stock bars. The rotation forward would become very uncomfortable after an hour or so of riding. The street slammers eliminated that for me. Just more comfortable.

Harley has made these decisions much easier now with the "Fit Shop". Go to your dealer and try out all the optional bars. The good news on the current Fit Shops are that they are using FatBoy Lo's as the setup bike. Picking the perfect bars (for me) took all of 20 minutes.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:31 AM
mfmaine
Advanced
Default new mods

Latest mods include powdercoated lower legs, freight train nacelle and new triple trees with 4 degrees extra rake

Name:  rsz_12010_1210fatboy0002_2.jpg
Views: 1526
Size:  171.0 KB

Old 01-08-2011, 10:36 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rquirch
anyone here thought about "chopperizing" their lo?

im seriously thinking about going minimalistic on my mine... i found some dudes online that make a strutless short fender for a stock 200 tire, a lot cheaper than heartland.
i found some tank risers online for about 50 bucs...

thoughts?
rquirch, you still thinking about it? I started thinking similar, but I think I'm going in a different direction. I thought of moving my brake light and plate of the fender to left side axle and dropping my fender a couple inches. BOBBERVO88 told me he is dropping his fender 8"s, thats got me thinking.

He offered to PS an 8" fender on my lo for me, like you did for my background. But he's got me thinking pretty hard about it. It would be pretty cool to take our different style lo's in complete different directions and compare pics. Anyway thanks for your help recently!

Last edited by JIMSFBL; 01-08-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:41 AM
DaveFLSTFB
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mfmaine
Latest mods include powdercoated lower legs, freight train nacelle and new triple trees with 4 degrees extra rake

You bringing that to the Salem show?

Old 01-08-2011, 10:48 AM
mfmaine
Advanced

Dave - We decided to do the Springfield, MA show instead...my bike will be in Booth 246/248

Old 01-08-2011, 11:02 AM
DaveFLSTFB
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mfmaine
Dave - We decided to do the Springfield, MA show instead...my bike will be in Booth 246/248
Looks good. I'm not going to Springfield, but good luck in the show.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:24 PM
JasonV
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DOB NYC
Bought my fat boy low right before july 4th. Put 2000 miles on it, just installed v&h BBS, PCV, Sissy bar, swingarm bag, levers, and some other things 2 weeks ago. Last saturday on my way to work a guy in a 99 bmw 325 crashed into me from behind on purpose and wrecked my dream bike.

do i take the insurance money and fix it or get rid of it and work on getting a fresh one? sux i had a million miles and manyu years planned for this, my first brand new anything. Always had to get used cars and bikes. Fianlly get my dream bike and now its wrecked.
That blows!!!!! Where in NYC did this happen? What was the outcome (since I'm coming across this much later)? I'd have probably lost it and thrown him a beating. At least you are ok. Drivers around the city are real ****** to us on two wheels.

What bike shop do you work out of?

Old 01-08-2011, 07:27 PM
bigzig89
Novice

Originally Posted by Anthony16
Still waiting on a few things.

nice bike dude. just wondering if you ever had an issue with the passenger foot peg hittin the swing arm box.

and also if anybody has any advice on good quick detach saddle bags for a good price

Old 01-08-2011, 09:22 PM
JasonV
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Felipe
Nice Bike... mine its a Blacked FatBoy 2009 with some mods
What exactly did you do to your wheels, just simply painted them?

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners