Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 07:50 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 472 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikeskins
So it was around 20 degrees the other day and I tried started my bike up and it just wouldnt crank. No big deal I guess. But I forgot to turn the ignition off and drained the battery. Since I'm no where near an outlet should I jump it from another bike battery or what would you recommend? Good news though since I'm a procrastinator while I'm messing with the battery I can install my flush mount gas caps and perhaps take my console off and paint it.
If it was completely drained and it ended up freezing the the battery is done. I would pull it out to check the case for damage. If i din't see any damage and I had access to a battery charger, I would take the battery to a place where I can charge it and then test it. You can jump a motorcycle with a car as long as they're both 12 volts which your bike is. the danger is the car has a heck of a lot more available amperage then the bike needs so care must be taken, I always went battery to battery positive to positive and negative to negative, once it starts remove the jumper cables immediately. Jump starting would be a last resort for me. If you have the time on your hands take the battery out and take it to a battery charger.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:19 PM
JSharp
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice Day

First nice day in weeks. Felt great to be out. I tried out the Bikers Friend Bag I recently picked up just for feel and I think I am really going to like it on long rides. Can't wait for Spring. Welcome to all the new guys your going to love the Lo. But I have got to get rid of that stinger.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-feb-1-2-.jpg  
Old 02-01-2014, 05:43 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JSharp
First nice day in weeks. Felt great to be out. I tried out the Bikers Friend Bag I recently picked up just for feel and I think I am really going to like it on long rides. Can't wait for Spring. Welcome to all the new guys your going to love the Lo. But I have got to get rid of that stinger.
That bags looks good on the bike. How well does it work for back support?

Old 02-01-2014, 06:08 PM
JP-FLSTFB
Tourer

Bike was delivered to dealer today. Waiting in line for prep. Hope to have it by Friday maybe! Stoked

Old 02-01-2014, 06:14 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JP-FLSTFB
Bike was delivered to dealer today. Waiting in line for prep. Hope to have it by Friday maybe! Stoked
Good news. I hate the waiting game. Hope the weather will be good enough for you to get a ride in. Can't wait to see some pics of the bike.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:43 PM
JSharp
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
That bags looks good on the bike. How well does it work for back support?
Thanks. I was only out for a while but it felt more like "laid back" riding. Instead of holding on I felt like my back was supported. the pillow roll is on Velcro and moves up or down to hit the lumbar. It is the medium size and I can shift it to the rack when I ride two up. Just need a nice weekend to put in an 8 hour riding day to know for sure, but I will take anything I can get in January.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:48 PM
JSharp
Intermediate

I guess if it was silver it would like I was carrying around my own keg. I would attract lots of friends and law enforcement.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:18 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hit up the IAC today with some cleaner. I sprayed several bursts up in their and went at it gently with a q-tip. When I went to start it, it took a little longer to start but eventually settled into a normal idle. Starting it after that was fine so hopefully I at least didn't hurt anything. I'll have to wait till tomorrow to get a ride in to see if my low idle issue is finally fixed. I sure hope so because I enjoy riding the bike a lot less when I'm worrying if the bike will start the low idling again at a stop and finally decide to die on me. If it's fixed I might start deciding what my next mods will be.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:21 PM
JP-FLSTFB
Tourer

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Good news. I hate the waiting game. Hope the weather will be good enough for you to get a ride in. Can't wait to see some pics of the bike.
I meant to grab a pic today while I was there but was apparently too smitten to think about it.... Plus it had all the shipping wrapping on it still.

Too friggin cold here still. Today was actually 40 but 20's for quite some time to come. Roads are completely white with salt and sand.

Anyways I'll be sure to take picks when I get it home. Post reflector removal

Old 02-01-2014, 10:58 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anybody have these http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-14-9206808--1 ? They are the HD mirrors with the built in turn signals/running lights. I hadn't really considered them till I saw them on SOA. I know I know. Anyways they looked cool on those bikes but I'm curious what they would look like on a Lo. I was thinking about some kind of round mirrors but these would allow me to delete the turn signals on the handle bars and clean them up a bit.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners