Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 04:48 PM
weavejo1
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody put these bars on their Lo?

Road King Fat Handlebar-Part Number 56032-08 If so pics and any ideas from your experience would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 04-17-2014, 07:18 PM
1revtekLO
Advanced

latest pic of my lo

Name:  DSC_0402_zpsc4b60b37.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  142.4 KB

Old 04-18-2014, 04:28 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

So has anyone have any luck Powdercoating exhaust heat sheilds powder coater wants to dip it instead, if I dip I'll have to fig out what to do with chrome tip and V&H emblem or have two small holes in exhaust ?

Old 04-18-2014, 06:11 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
finally got my bike done and ready to ride, took it to my indy buddy to properly tune the engine and the map, find out that 4th gear is kinda screwed up.. roll on the throttle @45mph/~2300rpm and the bike goes nowhere, then i guess all the fuel in there finally ignites to make a loud bang and shoot a flame out from the pipe and scare the cars next to me... back to him i guess and make him fix it :'(
so turns out the engine problem was that one of the metal boots inside the spark plug wire was sliding up-and-away from the spark plug, causing it to arc and misfire.. so a new set of plugs and some new wires and the bike is all good to go.. So i get on the bike, and the handlebars had been moved, and the riser bolts were halfway unthreaded, so the handlebars were just kind of barely there.. luckily im still in their parking lot. So i get back off the bike and make one of them tighten it up to where i like, then finally ride off.. so.. moral of the story is that i'm probably not going to be using their service again :'(

Old 04-18-2014, 10:29 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Lone wolf lo 10
So has anyone have any luck Powdercoating exhaust heat sheilds powder coater wants to dip it instead, if I dip I'll have to fig out what to do with chrome tip and V&H emblem or have two small holes in exhaust ?
I had my heat shields powder coated in black ceramic. No need to have them dipped.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:03 PM
nosoupforyou
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JRuss
Figured I'd post up a pic also. It's been a while since I have.
Most recently I put the V&H sideshots on and a LaPera bare bones. And the points cover and derby cover.
Does anyone else have a noticeable gap between their seat and tank? I can see the screw holding on the tank bib now. Nothing I can't cover just seems like the fit is off?
I have a new set of grips and an Arlen Ness big sucker to put on next. Probably this weekend.

And just for the record, putting a new exhaust on is a b*tch of a task. Me and my good friend spent the better part of an hour trying to get the headers to even mate to the damn cylinders with the clamps lined up properly. I had to brace my foot against the frame and pry the exhaust just enough to get it around the front cylinder fins. Fun stuff. I probably won't be changing the exhaust again anytime soon.

This pic is old, but there was a bit of a gap on mine as well. A bit less than yours it looks like, but I also could see the screw a bit. (Nice choice on pipes btw!)

Old 04-18-2014, 12:10 PM
Low n Loud
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those pipes follow the top line of the bike PERFECT!!! Nice!

Old 04-18-2014, 05:21 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nosoupforyou
This pic is old, but there was a bit of a gap on mine as well. A bit less than yours it looks like, but I also could see the screw a bit. (Nice choice on pipes btw!)

Did you two build the same bike? haha

Old 04-18-2014, 06:16 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Did you two build the same bike? haha
LOL They have different taillights.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:18 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
I had my heat shields powder coated in black ceramic. No need to have them dipped.
I've been thinking about doing the same thing. Who did yours and how much did it run you? I sent a request to the Powder Pro guys a couple of days ago but I haven't heard back from them yet. There's a couple of places on the pipes that are looking jacked up. Not really impressed with how well Vance and Hines black finish holds up over time.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners