Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 01:02 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

got it for 65 bucks shipped, i'm happy

Originally Posted by Gommee
Been a busy few days, ordered new Commander 11 front and rear tyres (I have now gone through 2 rear DunCraps in 14k kms), New Defiant floorboards (hopefully stops the the floorboard grinding in the twisties), new Jiffy stand to go with the new floorboards, road thunder stereo, ordered over $1000 in Ams Oil for me and the boys.
Spring maintenance starts NOW! The cleanest it will be all year.

The bike has made it's way onto the lift!
where are you mounting the stereo

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 03-31-2017 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:45 PM
Scorpion7919
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just picked up mine. Putting some Wild 1 501 bars on it at the moment......now just need this rain and cold to stop. Time to stalk this thread so I can find some other mods and upgrades to make. 2014

Last edited by Scorpion7919; 03-31-2017 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:01 PM
sbarron
Road Master
Received 200 Likes on 143 Posts

oh... there are ALL manner of things to spend your dollars on here.

Old 03-31-2017, 06:32 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

we will gladly point you in all the right directions, open your wallet.

Old 03-31-2017, 09:33 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by ILMFBL
I went from 16's to 12's and I think they're gonna be great but don't know for sure yet "cause now we've gone from snow to rain and a lot of it, so still no ride time!!!!!!! I've seen the sun about 3 times in 4 months. Second wettest March on record. Sorry, I'm whining aren't I? I'm done now.
Been sunny up here, but fricken cold still, went for a ride a couple of times so far.

Good time for pre-riding maintenance and clean up.

Old 03-31-2017, 09:44 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate

Originally Posted by Freak Show
where are you mounting the stereo
It is called Kuryakyn RoadThunder® Sound Bar by MTX®

MTX has a handle bar stereo that is a tube with 6 speakers, internal amp and blue tooth. Kuryakyn has marketed it under their brand name as well. Best price I could find was at Direct Cycle Parts.

I got a black one and it will be mounted in the middle of the handle bars. It does not look too bad mounted there, but it sure looks better than the round speakers placed on either side of the bars or ear buds flapping in the wind.

Last edited by Gommee; 03-31-2017 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:57 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate

Originally Posted by Scorpion7919
Just picked up mine. Putting some Wild 1 501 bars on it at the moment......now just need this rain and cold to stop. Time to stalk this thread so I can find some other mods and upgrades to make. 2014
Don't worry, it won't take long for us to feed your newly found addiction!

Once we get you started, you will start to shake, start to compulsively surf the internet looking for parts, making post after post on this site, asking questions and more questions. Figure you are finished, but you keep surfing and keep searching and keep asking questions. Soon you will have to find a second job just to buy that next part you need to have. Your bank accounts are empty, your credit cards are maxed, but you still REALLY NEED that one last part to finish the bike. Then, you realize, YOU WILL NEVER BE FINISHED...

Old 03-31-2017, 10:52 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gommee
It is called Kuryakyn RoadThunder® Sound Bar by MTX®

MTX has a handle bar stereo that is a tube with 6 speakers, internal amp and blue tooth. Kuryakyn has marketed it under their brand name as well. Best price I could find was at Direct Cycle Parts.

I got a black one and it will be mounted in the middle of the handle bars. It does not look too bad mounted there, but it sure looks better than the round speakers placed on either side of the bars or ear buds flapping in the wind.
i had thought about doing a crash bar and mounting two speakers on top and having two speakers coming from the bottom of the top bar, the mounting the power amp in a bag in the V of the frame neck and going with a blue tooth system to play my music. just was wondering if the music would cut through at speeds of 65

Old 03-31-2017, 11:07 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate

Originally Posted by Freak Show
i had thought about doing a crash bar and mounting two speakers on top and having two speakers coming from the bottom of the top bar, the mounting the power amp in a bag in the V of the frame neck and going with a blue tooth system to play my music. just was wondering if the music would cut through at speeds of 65
Check this out on Kuryakyn and MTX web sites.

It is the best looking and functional system I could find. Can't wait to get it installed.

I am not crazy about the round speakers on the bars or anywhere else on the bike.

Old 04-01-2017, 06:59 AM
FatKen
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts

Once we get you started, you will start to shake, start to compulsively surf the internet looking for parts, making post after post on this site, asking questions and more questions. Figure you are finished, but you keep surfing and keep searching and keep asking questions. Soon you will have to find a second job just to buy that next part you need to have. Your bank accounts are empty, your credit cards are maxed, but you still REALLY NEED that one last part to finish the bike. Then, you realize, YOU WILL NEVER BE FINISHED...[/QUOTE]

So much truth!

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners