Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 08:02 PM
LOBOY13
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picking the bike up in the morning, pics to soon follow...

Old 04-26-2011, 08:22 PM
35KILO8589
Supporter

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Wow this will be a stupid question coming from me, especially since i've ripped the console off and put it back on about 3 dozen times now.. but is it aluminum or plastic? I thought mine was hard plastic but honestly I never actually noticed.. I mean in some other thread it's determined that plastics can still be powdercoated if they can withstand the oven.. but i was just curious..

and secondly:

ooooo $67 + shipping...
http://www.surdyke.com/AdvPartInfo.a...mber=71248-00A
Nice find Sgt.Jim, wished I would have found that back in November.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:32 PM
GROWLNTA
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Chale Bombo
Growlnta How'd you mount your license plate? Did you just drill it? Are you're bolts also the ones that light up to illuminate your plate?

It mounts in the pre existing holes... no drilling required... all I did was take some rubber washers and put them around the bolts and also took the soft side of velcro and lined the back of it so it wouldnt scratch anything up...

Old 04-26-2011, 11:05 PM
FBL2011
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes I did the relo, doesn't look bad and I have the magnetic nubs that go over it when it's naked.

Originally Posted by bigoil7
Did you get the tail-light relocation kit? I have heard that if you grind down just a little bit off the sissy-bar near the rear mount point, and touch it up with gloss black, you don't need to move the lights, which I would strongly prefer, not that it's a lot of work, just not crazy about the (looks of the) extra little pieces. I am ordering the same bar and pad. Maybe someone else knows about it. Thx.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:52 PM
ThePinger
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Wow this will be a stupid question coming from me, especially since i've ripped the console off and put it back on about 3 dozen times now.. but is it aluminum or plastic? I thought mine was hard plastic but honestly I never actually noticed.. I mean in some other thread it's determined that plastics can still be powdercoated if they can withstand the oven.. but i was just curious..

The console is metal and can be powdercoated with ease. you just have to heat it up and peel off the inlays. I didn't replace them when I had my console powdercoated. I think it looks bad *** with nothing there. I would also suggest powdercoating the acorn nut and painting the speedo ring.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:13 AM
adelaidefatboy
Stage I
Old 04-27-2011, 10:23 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Look good welcome to HDF. Enjoy your new ride.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 139 Likes on 94 Posts
Default sissy bar

trying to grt the harley one piece sissy bar like you guys on your fatboy lo. i called my dealer again today still on back order. i guess everybody is likeing the siisy bar on the fatboy lo i have the meduim low round sissy bar black for sale if everybody is looking thanks

Old 04-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

can someone make a list of all the parts you need for a detachable sissybar/luggage rack?

this is what i have so far:
SissyBar Sideplates, Detachable
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Rear Docking Hardware Cover Kit

Tapered Luggage Rack

Medium Sissy Bar

..but what's the part number for the actual docking hardware? And would the turn signals have to be relocated?

... none of this is really critical at the moment since the girlfriend and I split up, and I ordered a MotherWell rack.. just curious for down the road when/if some hot lil' biddie wants to go for a cruise.

...I also like that super-tall sissybar (i think the one you're looking at, Kojax)..but idk if I could strap a luggage rack to that if i needed to

Old 04-27-2011, 03:52 PM
warmongersix
Intermediate

@ SgtJim
This is the set up I went with;
p/n 52729-08 "one-piece design eliminates separate sideplates for a clean appearance, and the stylized upper kick angle mimics the old-school sissy bars of the 50's and 60's."

Installation requires
P/N 54268-10 Directional Relocation Kit (there is a "shave down mod, I just went with relo)

P/N 53930-03 *Saddlebag-equipped models* required Docking Hardware Kit

P/N 53932-03 *models without saddlebags* required Docking Hardware Kit

Jim also take a look at this bag;
P/N 93300004 Touring Bag

With your set up above I think that P/N 53824-00 is what you are looking for. That is with out saddlebags. The relo kit is required for us, PN 54268-10. Although there is a mod to shave it if you don't like the look or want to save 40 bucks. This is the black relo kit. Hope that helps.

Last edited by warmongersix; 04-27-2011 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners