Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 09:50 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 11lofatboy
I have a question for you guys. I just bought a 11 Fatboy lo and when looking at it from behind, the back tire and fender do not line up centered, if that makes sense.. Im wondering if this is a problem with anybody elses, or? Its almost to the point of rubbing on the right side when sitting on the bike. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
are you taking into considering also the width of the pulley? does it feel weird when riding it? like does it feel that the rear end would want to pull out towards the right?

might want to take a lazer level or something and make sure the belt is going straight towards the primary, and isn't twisting or bending at all..that's really how you know if it's not lined up properly

Old 07-26-2011, 12:29 PM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rojuwi
Quick question. I have a friend who will not ride if its over 100 degrees. He says its bad for your engine. Its this true? I thought the engine is running so hot anyway, whats a few degrees of air temp gonna do
Here, it gets over 100F everyday during the summer. Yesterday, I know it was at least 110F for part of the day. I ride most days to and from work though most of my riding is on the weekends.

I have noticed the local LEOs shutting down their bikes at lights. During a parade a few weeks ago, a couple of riders I know had their bikes overheat. It's also another reason I did not want to participate in the parade.

-----

I checked out a "blue" 2012 Lo this past weekend. However, I didn't like it since the tins around the headlight were still vivid black. The forks and wheels were black as well. The derby cover was also different since it had 103 on it.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:11 PM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Speaking of the Lo getting television attention I saw a pic of Gerard Butler w/Jessica Biel riding 2 up on a Lo on TMZ. It was bone stock so atleast I know mine is better than his.

I don't know how you guys ride in hot weather with all the gear on. Last year in Sturgis I saw people with full leather on in 100* weather. Maybe my swim trunks and flippy floppys are the reason why I get weird looks from bikers on those hot days?

Old 07-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i wear boots because i notice at a stop i sometimes catch myself putting my ankles really close to the primary or the pipes.. i wear gloves because they saved my palms the one time i went down.. i wear jeans because it doesn't hurt as bad when a wasp or fly or condor smacks into my leg when i'm riding

Old 07-26-2011, 02:28 PM
AjAnd3rson
Tourer

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
i wear boots because i notice at a stop i sometimes catch myself putting my ankles really close to the primary or the pipes.. i wear gloves because they saved my palms the one time i went down.. i wear jeans because it doesn't hurt as bad when a wasp or fly or condor smacks into my leg when i'm riding
Yeah but jeans don't help the teradactyls!

Old 07-26-2011, 03:04 PM
bgreen1tcu
Novice

Originally Posted by 11lofatboy
I have a question for you guys. I just bought a 11 Fatboy lo and when looking at it from behind, the back tire and fender do not line up centered, if that makes sense.. Im wondering if this is a problem with anybody elses, or? Its almost to the point of rubbing on the right side when sitting on the bike. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
I have the same thing, kinda worried me until I saw another Lo that was a little off too. Hasn't been an issue for me and I am the only one who has ever noticed it.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:08 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by AjAnd3rson
Yeah but jeans don't help the teradactyls!
Ya but the Pterodactyls only go after the big guys.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:29 PM
11lofatboy
Cruiser

Thanks guys. I took it to the shop to get a ton of stuff put on it and told them to look at it. They told me its the way it is. I dont like it but might have to live with it. I cant believe that HD wouldnt center that better..... Im kinda **** like that.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:26 PM
AjAnd3rson
Tourer

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Ya but the Pterodactyls only go after the big guys.

****...... Guess I need to start wearing my 17th century armor on rides..... It's a personal choice.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:49 PM
Reaper19
6th Gear

Hey all just have a quick question for those that have put apes on their Lo's. I am in the middle of putting some 14" apes on my 2010 and was wondering what size cables and wire extenders you used? Any help would be great.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners