Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 05:05 AM
flstfblo11
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had my rear suspension tightened up with my 1st service, the difference in the bike is like night & day now with handling! Highly recommended!!
As for the wiring under the rear fender, there isn't much room there between the tire and the fender, I could see it rubbing if there is alot of weight on the bike. I know it was a PITA installing my Lay-down plate.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:20 AM
AjAnd3rson
Tourer

Originally Posted by rollin_fatboy
So while getting the rear tire replaced, it was brought to my attention that the wiring inside the rear fender has almost been rubbed through by the tire. I didn't get to look at it but has anyone else had this issue? Haven't changed anything on the suspension it was still the original tire.
I'm Samoan large (6'7" 350) and haven't had a problem with rubbing at all.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MidwestMotorist
Hello all,

All the Lo's look on here look great fella's. Unfortunately I'm not enjoying this summer riding my bike, currently deployed to Afghanistan. Only thing keeping me going is the 2012 FLSTFB in denim black waiting for me to get home!

Anyways, just figured I would introduce myself. This will be my second bike, and my first Harley. I was actually planning on getting myself another metric literbike, but learned about a program Harley has for deployed soldiers and I couldn't pass up the amazing deal I'm eligible for. Absolutely can not wait to get home and rack some miles up. And damn this forum for spending money I dont even have yet! haha. Too many amazing looking bikes and great mod ideas. Been slowly reading every page in this thread for the last month. (Still only on page 327, not the fastest connection out here) My list is as follows!

Street Slammer Bars (I want a drag bar that will be comfortable for me, but I just think the street slammers look goofy from the front. I'm 6' flat. Any suggestions?)
Martin Bros SO DALS exhaust (anyone on here running these pipes yet? Pics?)
Obviously, I also plan on adding a PCV and A/C with the pipes. Having trouble finding anything made for the 2012 models though. Im guessing there isn't any aftermarket support for the 2012 models yet?

I appreciate the help in advance. Really a great, informative forum. Doesn't seem to have any arrogant asshats either, which is a nice change from alot of other forums I've been to in the past.

Ride safe guys
Man I read this and thought that I wrote it for a second. I'm in the same boat. Counting the days too. I'm going with a slightly different mod plan starting with some RB Racing LSR 2-1 pipes, TTS Master tune, AC using stock cover, ect. I'm hoping the support for the 2012's will be there by November when I plan on picking up the bike. I'll probably wait till I hit 1000miles or so but that will probably only take a month or two at the most. Will it hurt anything if I change the pipes first and not the tuner or AC. I need the pipes to get the bags I want so I want to change them as soon as possible. The tuner for the 2012's will probably take the longest to come out.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Man I read this and thought that I wrote it for a second. I'm in the same boat. Counting the days too. I'm going with a slightly different mod plan starting with some RB Racing LSR 2-1 pipes, TTS Master tune, AC using stock cover, ect. I'm hoping the support for the 2012's will be there by November when I plan on picking up the bike. I'll probably wait till I hit 1000miles or so but that will probably only take a month or two at the most. Will it hurt anything if I change the pipes first and not the tuner or AC. I need the pipes to get the bags I want so I want to change them as soon as possible. The tuner for the 2012's will probably take the longest to come out.
Welcome to the Lo Side. and thank you for your service. There is really no need to wait for 1000 miles many people have the stage 1 done before they pick up the bike from the dealer. As far as the pipes only go, it is a toss up. Some guys are lucky and just a pipe change is not enough to make you to lean. But on the other had some times it is. I changed the pipes on my 2011 and it was enough to make the bike pop really bad during decel and it was running leaner. It was also cutting out during light and steady throttle. I went a head and got a tuner and stage one air cleaner right away and have had no problems. If you can't get a tuner for a 2012 right away the Dealer can flash your ecm for stage one until a tuner is avil for you. be safe over there and come home whole.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey..I like my Streetslammers.. I think they look sleek from the front, and keep the low-profile theme going. took some getting used to because they're not as pulled-back as I had originally hoped they would have been, but now I like them a great deal. Though I may switch out the riser bolts to class 8 sometime soon..but that's not a big deal at the moment.

Finally got my new derby cover from Mark (story808) in the mail and installed it... awesome stuff it is.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Looks really good there Jim. Now hit the beach Jar Head. LOL couldn't resist.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:23 AM
Matt990724
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Jim,

That cover is ****! I bet it looks even better in person.

S/F

Old 08-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah it's pretty sweet..i might have to take a file and clean up a little spot here and there, but otherwise it's pretty daggum awesome

Old 08-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Zombiequest
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
yeah it's pretty sweet..i might have to take a file and clean up a little spot here and there, but otherwise it's pretty daggum awesome
Did you have your primary cover PC'd or rattle-canned? I know there was a time last year guys were locating "denim-matched" can brands to do their parts instead of the powder-coating... not sure if many did it or not.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 636 Likes on 327 Posts

Well i know i have to get a picture going but i figured id add myself to the family.. Just got my New 2012 Fatboy Lo about a week and a half ago! Got it in the new Big blue pearl color. This bike is awsome in this color the blacked out parts and the satin chrome look totaly retro and go great with the blue! I think the Fatboy Lo is the nicest model harley has on the floor right now. I aslo think this is by far the most comfy bike i have ever riddin. I love the new handle bars on the 2012s their an 1 1/4 thick and their reduced reach and really comfy! I was going to put 14 inch black apes but i love these new stock bars so much im keeping them on!

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners