Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Kochino
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CaptainMorgan_SOS

can you tell me where you purchased your licences plate?

Old 09-21-2012, 04:06 AM
turd fergussen
Tourer

Originally Posted by Kochino
CaptainMorgan_SOS

can you tell me where you purchased your licences plate?
maybe?

http://www.hogrida.com/

Old 09-21-2012, 07:29 AM
dloreski
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I finally got my new bike yesterday.
I first came here back in July looking for information.
I had raced dirt bikes from ages 8-16 and haven't been on a bike since.
I loved the looks of the Fatboy Lo, but was a little unsure about the weight.
After 2 months of research and one MSF course, I got a great deal on a '12 model this week.
To any newbies looking, one thing I will say is if you aren't comfortable with a dealer, go to another.
I had an absolutely horrible experience trying to buy a bike at one of my local dealers.
I have bought many new cars and trucks and was NEVER in my life treated this way.
I almost quit looking until spring because I was so disgusted.
Then I gave a dealer about an hour away from me a try. It was Steel City Harley in Washington, PA. This dealer was EXTREMELY nice, helpful, fast, and gave me the best price. I can't say enough great things about everyone there.
They delivered my bike yesterday and I rode if for about 50 miles on back roads just getting comfortable with it.
Everything on the bike felt GREAT, but I'm taking things slow since I haven't rode for so long.
The bike is stock since I'm a newbie, but I did have them put on the mustache engine guard.
I have only seen photos of it and never one in person. I wasn't crazy about the looks of it in the pics, but it was my favorite of all I had seen.
When the bike came off the trailer and I saw that guard on, I LOVED it.
Anyhow, thanks to everyone here for all the info and I keep reading daily to learn more!
- Dave

Name:  DavesFatboyLo_zps992025e6.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  278.5 KB

Old 09-21-2012, 07:52 AM
Eagle240
Tourer
Received 120 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by dloreski
After 2 months of research and one MSF course, I got a great deal on a '12 model this week.
Anyhow, thanks to everyone here for all the info and I keep reading daily to learn more!
- Dave

Awesome - look forwards to seeing more pics! maybe a better shot of the mustache bar if you can! I have been contemplating a mustache bar or a full front engine guard...Enjoy your new whip!

Old 09-21-2012, 08:24 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

To any newbies looking, one thing I will say is if you aren't comfortable with a dealer, go to another.
I had an absolutely horrible experience trying to buy a bike at one of my local dealers.
I have bought many new cars and trucks and was NEVER in my life treated this way.
I almost quit looking until spring because I was so disgusted.
Then I gave a dealer about an hour away from me a try. It was Steel City Harley in Washington, PA. This dealer was EXTREMELY nice, helpful, fast, and gave me the best price. I can't say enough great things about everyone there.
They delivered my bike yesterday and I rode if for about 50 miles on back roads just getting comfortable with it.
Everything on the bike felt GREAT, but I'm taking things slow since I haven't rode for so long.
The bike is stock since I'm a newbie, but I did have them put on the mustache engine guard.
I have only seen photos of it and never one in person. I wasn't crazy about the looks of it in the pics, but it was my favorite of all I had seen.
When the bike came off the trailer and I saw that guard on, I LOVED it.
- Dave

Congrats on the best bike out there and welcome to the dark side I'm looking forward to see how you make the bike yours enjoy modding up and ride safe

Old 09-21-2012, 09:41 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Welcome to the Lo side David. Enjoy your new bike.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Tampakingpin
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Caseyx
I don't remember the breakout, but I paid about $900 for the bars (powdercoated and with the custom gussets) and the crash guards (powder coated), that included shipping.
Of all the ways to spend some cash, your results justify the effort. The combo looks sick. Did you have an easy time with the measurements and the fit of the handlebars? I watches some of his videos about customizing the stats prior to making the bars. It seems easy, but if you have any tips I am open to learning!

Old 09-21-2012, 09:58 AM
Tampakingpin
Outstanding HDF Member

Welcome to the lo club. Any plans to craft this beauty into a big black monster?

Old 09-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Tampakingpin
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 1revtekLO
may be a stupid question but just wondering. As most of the people on here i love the old school looking bikes. Would the stock crossbones wheels fit on a Lo? im sure the rear one would but not sure about the front. Has anyone seen this done? Thanks for your input
I don't have a quick answer but you can go on the comparison part of the HD website and see if the tires are the same. My guess is that they would work, but checking or calling the parts department/service at HD might save ya a headache.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Tampakingpin
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by harleyfiremedic
The colored LED's are a UV purple (Think Black light). They look great with the brushed chrome and denim black paint. The photo was taken during the daytime and doesn't really show just how good it look at night. Thanks to Custom Lighting Efx for the great work (These are all Custom Dynamics LED's)

So a week at the beach with family and multiple bike events going on, and a weeks worth of perfect weather... it was a great week to be me
I am interested in exploring the LED light system that you used (UV black light). Can you tell us about costs and installation?

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners