Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 11:25 AM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bauer4567
Just put my order in for the Black/Black tip from these guys. They beat Amazon's lowest seller by a couple dollars! Also got the quiet baffles. Cant wait for spring.

http://www.bikertrends.com/index.php...ducts_id=29542
Enjoy.

I have the black tip on my pipes; however, I purchased the pipes/tips direct at Las Vegas Bikefest. Freedom Performance will be there again this year so I'll be curious to see if they will have released any new products. They may be at the Laughlin River Run as well though I don't know if I want to change out my pipes again that soon. Time will tell.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:30 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Cpt Morgan....does your pipes differ from each other from tire. I wonder if it's how the Lo's engine is balanced/offset vs. pipe designs. When I took my bike in last fall, I asked for the shop to look at mine. They said something is wonkey and probably have to modify the pipes somehow. And ya the install was a biatch. After tinkering with my pipe brackets, they are still 1/2" different...and drives me nutz knowing and do notice it.

Net winter project along with fixing the rear fender weld (RWD split wasnt perfect)...no way my bike is seeing a shop if it doesnt need to this year.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Lightafatty
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Your bike looks pretty sick and adding the blackline dash sounds awesome. Where are you thinking of moving the speedo? To the top of one of the rocker boxes?
I have a mini digital speedo/tac and warning lights assembly on order. The plan is to fab a bracket to mount it to the triple tree next to the riser.

Originally Posted by MAP5
Hey Lightafatty, your bike looks awesome. I see you got rid of the floor boards. Tell me about that, do you like it? How does it ride? I have been torn between getting rid of my floorboards and going with forward controls for a while. Any input would be awesome. Thanks.
I can't compare them to floor boards since they were on the bike before I bought it. I didn't like them at first. They were causing my leg to cramp because they didn't stick out far enough and I had to wrap my right leg around the air filter. I fixed that by ading 1/2 inch spacers and longer pegs and now they fit me perfect. I believe the forwards came from GMA, so if your looking into forwards I would do some research and see if the forward controls off a blackline or night train will fit on the Lo.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:59 PM
atlantaallen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default FB Lo OTD Price

Guys,

I am usually on the Dyna side, but have been wanting a FB Lo since they came out. Best price I've gotten around Atlanta is
$17,665 OTD for a 2013 Vivid Black w/o abs/security.

Does that seem like a fair price or can I do better? Out of town is OK as long as it's in the SE. Thanks for your help.

AA

Old 03-20-2013, 05:42 PM
Earl IV
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid $16,500 OTD with security for my 2010 (in 2010), but it's a 96"r.

I'd ask'm to add security and call it a deal.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:35 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it just me or is the ABS module on my Lo simply beautiful. At least it is to me now. I was doing about 25 down my neighborhood street when some stupid blankity blank woman blew a stop sign so she could get in front of the bus that was coming down the street. I grabbed all the brake I could and the ABS kicked in for both brakes. Not so sure I could have kept it up without ABS. Definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't bought their Lo yet and is on the fence about it.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:36 AM
bblhead
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by atlantaallen
Guys,

I am usually on the Dyna side, but have been wanting a FB Lo since they came out. Best price I've gotten around Atlanta is

Does that seem like a fair price or can I do better? Out of town is OK as long as it's in the SE. Thanks for your help.

AA
AA,

I am jealous... Stealerships here in Hawai'i are asking $19,240 +fees for a 2013. I'd take that deal in a Heartbeat. Hell, I paid (am paying) $19,400 for a used 2012 with 1500 miles on it.

Good luck on your purchase.

Ben

Old 03-21-2013, 08:12 AM
dizzy1450
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys,

AA
OTD prices vary by location. But I think you can do better. My offer for that bike would be $17K OTD.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:44 AM
Dark lo
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=DaveFLSTFB;6545420]How many of us out there now? Post recent pics of your ride.

Here's mine

[URL="http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2314068720060734018ZRQBCl"][IMG]

???

Last edited by Dark lo; 03-21-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:49 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys,

AA
honestly though.. the Lo starts at $16,799. If they're telling you $17,665 including all the taxes, title, license, and fees.. That's only $866. IMO that's a fairly decent deal. If it had ABS/Security, that's like a $500 package which would bring the bikes price up to $17.3k or so alone. I have security, but not ABS, but I paid a buttload in taxes and fees on my bike.

If I were going to do anything with that deal, I would tell them I want 20% off on all parts, clothes, and accessories for 1 year.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners