Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

18's on Fatboy lo!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 01:41 PM
jbg
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skulltrainharley
I am going to be polite ...... It dont work for me sorry .... bar's to high AND a screen ..... The bike's is supposed to be lo and now it ain't .... lost the edge .....
+5. Sorry. I agree that these bikes should be low.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:13 PM
neilgehrke
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think they may be a little too tall also, but it's your bike. I will offer a suggestion though. Roll the bars forward just past vertical and lose the windshield. Apes don't look right rolled back like that. Safe Riding!

Old 06-17-2010, 07:53 PM
garydubf
Intermediate

Wow. Not a lot of love around here. The only reason the wind shield is on is for bar alignment. I need to push the bars forward but have to cut the windsheild first. Don't run the windshield normally but it's nice for the foul weather we get in the PNW. As far as the coments on too tall bars on this bike, the Heritage is lower and you see a ton of apes out there. The seat height on the fb lo is lower than the Heritage however. By the way I am 6' 3" and the bars are at shoulder level for me.

Honestly I didn't think I'd get as much crap about the bars as I've gotten. Thought the DYIers would appriciate it a little. Maybe it's just newbie bashin!!

Oh well I like it. rode 200 miles today (w/out the sheild) Really comfortable!!

Old 06-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Betros
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Love it! I just ordered my 18's for my Deluxe from Nash. Cant wait to put them on. Don't let the haters get you down bro.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:26 PM
jed1069
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by garydubf
By the way I am 6' 3" and the bars are at shoulder level for me.

Honestly I didn't think I'd get as much crap about the bars as I've gotten. Thought the DYIers would appriciate it a little. Maybe it's just newbie bashin!!

That answered my question. You are tall so these probably look about the same as someone 5'10" with 16s. Just remember only opinions here, this is a very honest group here if you ask opinions you will get them usually this is a good thing. Anyway congrats on the DIY part. And welcome to the Fatboy family

Old 06-17-2010, 08:43 PM
CATchaser
Cruiser

I like it!
You know what they say--dare to be different!
If YOU like it, that's all that matters!

Old 06-17-2010, 09:24 PM
stratplexi
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,022 Likes on 528 Posts

Bike has some serious attitude. Nothing says Harley more than loud exhaust and a set of apes. Good job!

Old 06-17-2010, 09:55 PM
phrogflyer
Road Master

i love apes, and i also think they make a lot of bikes look better, except for the rocker. anyway, i do have one question....why chrome? most of the "normal" stock chrome parts have the brushed look. get some scotch pads to them bars and i think it would be sick.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:22 PM
kd5hrm
Advanced

I'm so short, I'd just flap around in the wind behind 18" apes but if you walk out the door, see it sitting there, and get a big ****-eatin grin on your face, it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:04 AM
av8or
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by garydubf
Wow. Not a lot of love around here. The only reason the wind shield is on is for bar alignment. I need to push the bars forward but have to cut the windsheild first. Don't run the windshield normally but it's nice for the foul weather we get in the PNW. As far as the coments on too tall bars on this bike, the Heritage is lower and you see a ton of apes out there. The seat height on the fb lo is lower than the Heritage however. By the way I am 6' 3" and the bars are at shoulder level for me.

No bashing here. The replies I saw were not bashing, just honest opinions. The one thing about this forum is real bashing just for bashings sake is not tolerated long. Thats why I love this forum. You post something here and say "what do you think" be ready for differing opinions. At first I thought they looked a little tall, but after hearing that your 6'3" they are probably just right for you. I'm 5'10" and put on 14" from HCC and they are probably a little short (I should have listened to all the guys that said I should get 16"). Don't forget, your building your bike for you, not us.

Quick Reply: 18's on Fatboy lo!!