Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night Train

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 05:09 AM
jjbirdboy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Night Train

I demoed a 2007 night train and it was a lot of fun. I liked the forward controls and the drag bar and the power was nice. I have started to like the blacked out look lately. If you like the blacked out look check out the street bobs, I demoed one of those too and really liked it.

Old 09-02-2006, 09:00 AM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: FXSTI Guy

One of the guys I work with has a 2005 Train...it was one of the inspirations for me getting my '06 Standard...I dig the drag-bar and solo seat look he's got going on it and with the V&H Radius pipes it looks and sounds MEAN but the Night Train styling is just too blacked out for me...I needed a little more chrome and color out of the box.

Do you mean like this?

Old 09-02-2006, 09:01 AM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 09-02-2006, 09:58 AM
FXSTI Guy
Banned

George C...Exactly! You've got the best of both worlds going on there...NICE ride!

Old 09-02-2006, 04:26 PM
jackhammer
Tourer

The NT is a cool ride. Its a great in town bike and thats going to be 90% of your riding. As for touring the other 10% is just as good. Do the train you won't regret it.

Old 09-02-2006, 09:13 PM
L night train
Advanced

night train is good for short rides up to 200 miles for me after that the but hurts,but i still have the stock seat nothing aftermarket for 2 up looks good

Old 09-02-2006, 10:59 PM
daniel.sm
Road Master
Received 145 Likes on 86 Posts

I personally love the bike..I'm in my second NT.

The bike handles excellently well and for me it's a comfortable ride (I have the Softail STD seat installed).

Many people will complain on the darg bars and how tiresome they can be on very long rides....but you'll get used to it once you start riding the bike and discover your own limit and the necessary time to make a rest stop.

I love the bad look and how you can feel it on the curves....the darg bars gives you the sensation that you fully control the bike on the curves.

Old 09-03-2006, 01:48 AM
05FXSTBI
Cruiser

I love my Night Train, It is my favorite. I got a Road King Custom this March. Because I wanted to have a touring bike. My NT is way better on the long haul than the RK. I just got some 18" Apes on the RK so now it is the bar hopper- go figure. I rode from West Palm Beach to Daytona and back on the same day on the NT and would not have it any other way.
I love the fact that it is the most sinister bike out there. (besides my RK) Most peoples opinions are "I wish I had a NT, but I have this Dyna instead"-no offense to the dyna riders, but honestly.......Hide the springs with saddlebags or get a softail!

Old 09-03-2006, 01:31 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,003 Likes on 2,190 Posts

lucospock i'm, 6-0 215 and the train needed some changes to fit me. I Used calini pullbacks and lowered the bike 2" front and rear and a Corbin Gunfighter seat to fit me better. If you think a stock train handles good make these changes and it will suprise you how bad a stock train handles. Also put a 90/90 metzler up front. I do alot of 300 mile days and have no complains after making these changes. I couldn't do this on a dresser or a street glide. I don't care to sit on the bike. I prefer sitting in the bike if you know what I mean. The black is easy to clean no matter how dirty it gets. A little s100 and air dry it and it looks like new again. I easily clean the bike in an hour or less. Not a big fan of chrome, to much time to keep clean and I believe they run hotter. All a matter of choice I guess. Ride the bikes that get your attention, That's the only way to really get a good feel of what your riding style is.

Old 09-03-2006, 01:55 PM
GPLRJBRAZIL
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: back again

lucospock i'm, 6-0 215 and the train needed some changes to fit me. I Used calini pullbacks and lowered the bike 2" front and rear and a Corbin Gunfighter seat to fit me better. If you think a stock train handles good make these changes and it will suprise you how bad a stock train handles. Also put a 90/90 metzler up front. I do alot of 300 mile days and have no complains after making these changes. I couldn't do this on a dresser or a street glide. I don't care to sit on the bike. I prefer sitting in the bike if you know what I mean. The black is easy to clean no matter how dirty it gets. A little s100 and air dry it and it looks like new again. I easily clean the bike in an hour or less. Not a big fan of chrome, to much time to keep clean and I believe they run hotter. All a matter of choice I guess. Ride the bikes that get your attention, That's the only way to really get a good feel of what your riding style is.

Hi, instead of 90/90 Metz I put a 120/70 Metz and the bike is fantastic. Next will be a 210/50 Metz in the rear.

Happy ride

Quick Reply: Night Train