Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's up with the Deuce?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 03:12 PM
wide glider
Road Master
Received 1,154 Likes on 350 Posts
Default What's up with the Deuce?

Is it just me? Or what...I think the Deuce is one of, if not the best looking of all the Softail bikes, period! I keep hearing that it is a less than popular bike, and a hard sell used through most dealerships. I know 2007 was the last year of production, but figured the Rocker was supposed to replace the Deuce as a factory custom. Tell me what you all think....and any Deuce owners, please post up some pics of that great looking ride of yours!

Old 11-23-2010, 04:04 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

The Rocker came as natural evolution for the Deuce,
It was the 'pro-street' type with the stretched tank, etc. but with the full 'fat tire' thingy.
It is unpopularity is due to the lack of popularity of the whole pro-street bikes that appealed to the non-riding crowd more, and sold a lot when people had money, now that money is tight, the riding community is shrinking closer to its core again, everybody that bought a bike because it was 'cool' sold it.

We are now into Bobbers/Baggers/Cafe racers. etc. the big shops closed, but shade-tree , rsd, and biltwell are florishing , it is all about retro, narrow, mid controls, etc.

On its own rights, Deuce is a great bike, but the stretched tank look is out at least for now, the fact that most of its accessories/parts were not exchangable with other Softies set it even more off.

Old 11-23-2010, 04:55 PM
AzDeuce
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah.......I've always had a bike since the 70's and when the Deuce was being discontinued in 2007 (only year with 96ci and 6speed) I bought one. It is a great ride and looks nice (IMO)

Old 11-23-2010, 07:00 PM
coronerrpm
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Had a 07 Deuce in colbalt blue and loved it at the time but I need to say I love my FatBoy a lot more! I ended up selling the Deuce for 8K more than I bought it for to some guy in Toronto and it was 99%stock and if it was not for the money I would have kept it but:::::. That being said I still miss it a bit but the FatBoy RULES!!!!!!Not into the rocker at all. It seems like there is something missing from the rocker but to each there own and if it is a Harley it is all good.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:18 PM
2deuce
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

loved my '03 deuce so much, I bought an '07!!!!

Old 11-23-2010, 09:19 PM
mgenest
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

bought mine new in 2001 - love it

Attached Thumbnails What's up with the Deuce?-cimg2520.jpg  
Old 11-23-2010, 09:50 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since I have one of the early softails, I didn't like that the FXSTC was discontinued and replaced by the Deuce. Some buddies and I called it the Douche when we first saw it.
I didn't care for it's looks when it was first released. Now, I just had to get used to the changes I guess. It's a decent looking bike, but the rear fender change and stretched tank took some growing to like it.

So not everyone thinks it's the best looking softail, but that's okay.
We buy what we want anyway. Heck, I bought a Rocker and many consider it an ugly bike.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:05 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Did somebody say Deuce

Old 11-24-2010, 12:03 AM
lazyboy09
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was looking at getting a deuce before I bought my rocker. I just couldn't get past the straight cut rear fender line though. Luckily they make several models so we all don't ride the same bike!

Old 11-24-2010, 05:41 AM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That rear fender and tail light just kill it for me.....

Shakey

Quick Reply: What's up with the Deuce?