Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cross Bones discontinued for 2012!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If true, I am a bit surprised by the trike going away. I don't see that coming back. Bottom line rules though.
As far as the bikes, it is easy to drop and then later bring back a two wheel model.
No I don't see the value of the bones jumping up significantly.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:45 PM
Crossb0nes
Cruiser

Originally Posted by stratplexi
If they don't come out with a springer replacement it will mean the end of a long production run for springers. My guess....the Bad Boy returns with a 103 to replace the Cross Bones and the Rocker. It will have a 240 on the rear (borrowed rear fender from the Screamin Eagle Springer and the Rocker oil tank). Front will be a Springer with a 21 inch front wheel.
Now thats a bike I would trade for ....

Old 01-15-2011, 07:24 PM
colonelangus1
Road Master

Originally Posted by BayBones
Got this from another thread figured folks in here might want to know.

As a result of our most recent review, we are announcing the discontinuation of three motorcycles for the 2012MY for all sales markets worldwide. The models listed below will no longer be in production beginning with the 2012MY:

* FXCWC Softail® Rocker™ C
* FLSTSB Softail® Cross Bones®
* FLHXXX Street Glide® Trike

What do you think this will mean for the value of your XBones? Are you surprised it was dropped? The MoCo does this a lot with cool bikes.
i was told by my dealer a year ago it would be dropped in 2012 probably so they can bring back the heritage springer ro cvo springer.. either way they will sell a lot more bikes as a result..

Old 01-15-2011, 07:35 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I thought I liked the crossbones, but really it's just the springer front - I like the Heritage Springer better, all around.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:47 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

The Springer will be back on some bike soon enough. Harley probably just needed a reason to drop that goofy spring loaded seat. Theres to many of us who just love those ill handling relics. It would be a huge mistake to just cut us out of the potential market pool.

Old 01-16-2011, 06:51 AM
Rocker_UAE
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Schaub85
If this is true, all I can say is......Its about damn time they discontinued the Rocker. I just didnt see how they could be making anything with it. I almost never see em, which means they cant be selling. Sucks about the bones tho. Wonder what black bike theyre gonna do next.

The only reason I bought a Harley was because of the Rocker. I love everything about the bike and ill never sell it. Im surprised at comments like this one and plus there are loads where i come from.

Ill be surprised if they do discontinue it, not only because of its amazing looks but because its only been out a couple of years.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:08 AM
ejvette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

It's all dollars @ cents if the volume and margins are not there it doesn't make economic sense to keep producing cretin models.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:18 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,388 Likes on 3,302 Posts

None of those 3 models would be a big deal for me as it wouldn't be anythinig that catches my eye...I am sure they have their own following though. I don't think they were that good of sellers either...They will come out with something close to it.

Last edited by Notgrownup; 01-16-2011 at 07:21 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:29 AM
Twillis
Cruiser

I think a Non-CVO bike with a 240 Rear but a more pedestrian swingarm/seat combo. would be sweet and would sell if it's Sub-$20K.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:10 AM
fcsallan
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The local Stealer here told me the Rocker-C was going away but there would still be a Rocker model in the line up.

I think like others have said the XBones is just going away for a while to see who complains and get some excitement up. I think it will be back.

Quick Reply: Cross Bones discontinued for 2012!!!!