Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is it about V&H fishtails?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 06:56 PM
LFTD1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I chose the Samsons over VH purely based on looks. I like the flow of the Samsons better as well as the tails. Plus I wanted that loud distictive sound.

As for the girls bike poke give me a break! Yes this is an open forum and your entitled to your opinion, but why throw that comment in here. My mom rides a Heritage. I have buddies that ride everything from street bikes to touring bikes. In the end who really gives a shiat as long as your on two wheels right side up!

Old 01-27-2011, 10:24 PM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 221 Likes on 156 Posts

If A = B, and B = C . . . then it holds that A = C

Ergo, if a Deluxe is a Girls bike, and I like Girls . . . well than heck . . . I most definitely like a Deluxe!

Old 01-27-2011, 10:54 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoldPilot

The longer Fatcat is the one I have. It's made to exit past the saddlebag. It also sounds great. I have the quiet baffle, which I can tell you is far from quiet but has a nice deep rumble to it.

Mine is an '06 with the 88 c.i. engine. With the Fatcat, a Headquarters 0034 Hurricane cam and a high-flow K&N air filter it dynoed out last September at 87hp and 88 ft lbs. and the torque comes in at about 2200 rpm -- right where you want it.

The longer cat does look good imo. Had 2n2's and switched to a 2n1 - it would be hard going back to either a 2n2 or td's. Does DD make a ghost pipe for the cat? Best of both worlds.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:13 AM
Heritage632
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by #1rocketman
Design???? I can't see a hellava lot of difference in yours from mine(tips)
You really can't see any difference in style and design between the V&H and Samsons?......Really?....the tip alone is completely different. The entire pipe is different.....I also would purchase the Samson over the V&H if I were changing just based on looks alone.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:05 AM
Bugsplat
Road Captain

I've been really happy with my V&H - I run without the baffles and they sound good, not too loud. I do like the look of the Samson fishtail better and I like the way they wrap around the right side better than the V&H.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:26 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

For me, it is the funny looking fishtails they have on them. Also, the fact that I dislike the way they look compared to the Samsons. I think the Samson's have a much more classic look. That is my opinion and we all know how that goes.

Drew

Old 01-28-2011, 09:32 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like my true dual V&H fishtails.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:32 PM
#1rocketman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Heritage632
You really can't see any difference in style and design between the V&H and Samsons?......Really?....the tip alone is completely different. The entire pipe is different.....I also would purchase the Samson over the V&H if I were changing just based on looks alone.
I quoted him on that by looking at his picture....guess it's hard to see in a smaller pic the big difference(tips) you guys see.I realise the straight pipe part,i was only talking tips. I'll be real honest here,I found mine on Ebay,the guy had them on for maybe 2 weeks and didn't like the fishtail look period.He had already bought a more expensive set pryor but they were too loud for him.After getting these V&H's and not liking them,his son found baffles for the other set,so.....I bought them at slightly less than 1/2 price. IF they would have been Samsons,I woulda bought them,I didn't really care,i like fishtails,it just so happened these were V&H's.
I only stated in my original thread what I had and added a couple pics for the guy to look at.

Last edited by #1rocketman; 01-28-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:44 PM
#1rocketman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by LFTD1
I chose the Samsons over VH purely based on looks. I like the flow of the Samsons better as well as the tails. Plus I wanted that loud distictive sound.

As for the girls bike poke give me a break! Yes this is an open forum and your entitled to your opinion, but why throw that comment in here. My mom rides a Heritage. I have buddies that ride everything from street bikes to touring bikes. In the end who really gives a shiat as long as your on two wheels right side up!
well if ya look at my post,I simply stated what I had...the other dude started with the "ugly"thing and it wasn't appeasing...i just jumped on it! Prob. shouldn't have added that,just felt like getting back at the ugly thing! Fact of the matter is,he has one hellava good looking bike and if I was gonna buy a softail,it would have to be a deluxe! Now that I've got this all straight with the Samson and Deluxe thingy...I'll go sit myself in the corner for awhile!

Last edited by #1rocketman; 01-28-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:29 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by #1rocketman
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld
Which is the ultimate girls bike, Deluxe or Sportster?

The Deluxe, no question about it. That is one bike that was made for woman riders only. I think it's awesome to see more and more woman riding bikes and that Harley recognizes it and makes bikes for the ladies.

This was a couple quotes a few days ago on "the 3 ugliest Harleys"
Well after reading this post i returned my bike.... I traded it for a MANLY 98' Road King... ......

Actually for real the sales guy told me my bike "Deluxe" was a "girls bike"...... No BS... i still purchased it.....

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 01-28-2011 at 06:03 PM.

Quick Reply: What is it about V&H fishtails?