Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ISO 2005 SE Fatboy Seat w/tail

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Syman02
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ISO 2005 SE Fatboy Seat w/tail

I am on the hunt for a new seat. I think this chromed out seat (with tail piece) will fit the bill. Does anyone have one of these seats with the tail that they are willing to part with? It has to be from a 2005, as my 2006 fatboy has the narrow rear tire, so I do not run into fitment issues. I believe the p/n is 52279-05. Thanks for your help.

Attached Thumbnails ISO 2005 SE Fatboy Seat w/tail-ry-400-1-.jpg  
Old 02-07-2011, 12:33 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Thats the seat from the 2005 CVO Fatboy and it will fit.

I never thought they were very comfortable.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:27 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Syman02
I am on the hunt for a new seat. I think this chromed out seat (with tail piece) will fit the bill. Does anyone have one of these seats with the tail that they are willing to part with? It has to be from a 2005, as my 2006 fatboy has the narrow rear tire, so I do not run into fitment issues. I believe the p/n is 52279-05. Thanks for your help.
That seat came on the 05 and 06 CVO Fatboy. The tail pieces are different. I had one of those seats and they guy I purchased it from told me it would fit my 05 Fatboy. The seat would fit but not the tail piece( it was too long and had a slightly different curve). I was told that the tail piece I had was for the 06. I found the correct tail piece and ran the seat for a while. I found it was not very comfortable and wound up selling it. They are usually a little spendy$$.

Ride On!

Old 02-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Syman02
Cruiser

Ya, I kinda wondered about the comfort level of it. With all the chrome there didn't look like too much padding. If I can find one for the right price, I think I will still give it a shot.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:18 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya, I kinda wondered about the comfort level of it. With all the chrome there didn't look like too much padding. If I can find one for the right price, I think I will still give it a shot.

The shape isn't too bad but there is hardly any paddding. If you could find one cheap and have it worked by Mean City Cycles you may have a winner. Good Luck and post us some pics when you find one!

Ride On!

Old 02-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Dustmaker
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like you already seen my ad....lol

Here is the ad I posted in the classifieds....actually have two of them.

HDForum Classifieds

Last edited by Dustmaker; 02-07-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Syman02
Cruiser

Actually Dustmaker, no I hadn't seen your classified. I got the pic off of a yahoo search. Where in central Illinois are you? I am south east of Tuscola. I see you had them on your bike for at least a little while. How do you rate their comfort level? I have only had the stocker so far, as far as comparisons go.

Last edited by Syman02; 02-07-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Dustmaker
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually Dustmaker, no I hadn't seen your classified. I got the pic off of a yahoo search. Where in central Illinois are you? I am south east of Tuscola. I see you had them on your bike for at least a little while. How do you rate their comfort level? I have only had the stocker so far, as far as comparisons go.
I have used one of them for a couple bike shows. The other is new. As for comfort, I would not use it on a couple hundred mile trip the way it is. But have a buddy that had a gel pad put in his and it is the only seat he uses. I use my Heritage Springer seat for long trips.....much nicer on my big azz...lol

The great thing about softails is that you can change them up in a matter of minutes. I can have my bags, fairing, and trunk on it in 15 minutes. Or leavr it stripped down as a solo ride.

I am in Pekin...just south of Peoria. Let me know if ya want to check the seat out, and we can get together.

Thanks!

Jimmy

Old 02-08-2011, 12:35 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I too have read a lot of complaints on the CVO forum about how uncomfortable the SE Fat Boy seat is. I have a Sundowner seat that I switch to when the wife rides with me, which isn't very often.
I actually prefer the SE seat for the type riding I do, which isn't any real long distance riding. Most of my riding I spend less then 2 hours between stops and the seat is fine for me.
Tom

Old 02-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Syman02
Cruiser

Thanks for your thoughts everyone. If anyone else has an opinion or a connection, feel free to post it up. Dustmaker you have a pm.

Quick Reply: ISO 2005 SE Fatboy Seat w/tail