Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who makes a Floorboard Exhaust Boot Guard

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 09:38 PM
billsantos
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I don't scrape more often. The lean angle is increased but about 1 degree. He offers a money back guarantee if you are not happy for 30 days and they are inexpensive.

Drew
Yes, the price is right..I'll try mine and see how it works out.. Problem is, and it's about the only thing I miss after 57 years in CA is the weather..I've had this bike about 2 months and only put 250 miles on it cause the weather in northern NV pretty much sucks in winter..Just get to keep it polished up and look at it most of the time..but soon it will be dodging deer in the Sierra's time. Thanks for all you help.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:55 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

C'mon back. You can rent an apartment from me while you are looking for a house. LOL. It did rain 5" yesterday here believe it or not.

Drew

Old 03-22-2011, 08:19 AM
billsantos
Cruiser

C'mon back. You can rent an apartment from me while you are looking for a house. LOL. It did rain 5" yesterday here believe it or not.

Drew
I believe it.. your rain turns into my snow couple hours later. Lived in the SF Bay Area all my life. Alot of my riding was along the coast highway. We used to make fun of the rat race called LA until it became impossible to tell the SF area from the LA area begining in the 80's...couldn't afford to retire in CA and still have all the toys i missed as a youth.. But most of all people were just getting down right mean from congestion and stress. I live just outside Carson City and folks out here are like living in Mayberry RFD.. Mostly fellow ex-Californians who smile alot and say excuse me...Summer time is biker city
(99% Harley) up here. Your left hand spends more time giving low fives than on the grip.. But the freezing winters give me longings....

Old 03-22-2011, 08:24 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

I hear you. I have lived in LA since '79 and it is all considered normal to me until I travel elsewhere and realize that some people actually stop and say hello. But, I am stuck here and can't complain. Retirement? Not even in the picture for me right now. LOL

Drew

Old 03-22-2011, 08:54 AM
billsantos
Cruiser

I hear you. I have lived in LA since '79 and it is all considered normal to me until I travel elsewhere and realize that some people actually stop and say hello. But, I am stuck here and can't complain. Retirement? Not even in the picture for me right now. LOL

Drew
Glad to see I'm not the only one up at this ungodly hour..I just checked your site.. That your business ? You Doc V-Twin himself ?.. that's pretty cool. I'll check it out when i need more STUFF. Best thing about retirement, short of being old, is after this little insomnia attact, I get to go back to bed now..Do wish we had a Medieval Times up here... Take care

Old 03-22-2011, 08:58 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

I'm an employee of the Doc. I wish it were my business but we all have to serve someone. Sleep is over rate. 4-6 hours a night does it for me. I've never been to mid evil times. I do more work before 8am than most people do all week.

Drew

Old 03-31-2012, 07:56 AM
Jivebyfive
Stage I
Default Heel Protection

How about if you would remove chrome exhaust cover and wrap the exhaust with exhaust wrap. That would eliminate the need for a heel guard. I removed my catylitic converter from the pipe on my 2011 FLTRU but still get an exhaust hot enough to melt my heel. My exhaust covers on the long shots I had on my last harley stayed cool enough to where it wouldnt melt my heel.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Nutbender
2nd Gear
Thumbs up Footboard guard

I have also had the burnt rubber issue. I found another US manufacturer on the web. www.rockhardrail.com. I uses this heel guard. What I like about it is the quality, and the ease of mounting. It is very heavy steel. It does not vibrate loose and I have had it for about a year. Also, you do not have to drill holes in your footboard to mount it. You don't even have to take the footboard all the way off the bike to mount it. I am sure there are other good solutions, but this one is the one I prefer. Take a look at the website and see what you think. I also liked that they are also here in Colorado.