Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Softail Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models-7/)
-   -   LaPera Solo Seats (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/626720-lapera-solo-seats.html)

cpiad 03-31-2011 04:47 PM

LaPera Solo Seats

2 Attachment(s)
Does anyone know if the Bare Bones Solo LK-007 and Silhouette Solo LK-850 seats attach to the rear fender like the OEM seat … with the two thumb screws?

If someone has one of these seats on their bike ... could you reply with a picture of the how the rear of the seat looks like from the top showing the attachment plate?

I’d like to put a LePera solo seat on my Fatboy Lo/FLSTFB… but I can’t tell how it attaches? And I’d like to keep using the current attachment points because I have a leather fender bib and Motherwell fender rack that work just great using the OEM attachment points.

Thanks much,

the…..Dutch…..man

rob i 03-31-2011 06:05 PM

Call lepera and they will tell you. I have the barebones and mine attaches with the two thumb screws. I don't recall model number but I may have the box still. I'll check and reply back

SuspendedUser 03-31-2011 06:27 PM

I have the lk on my LO and I bought the pillion, they attach to the fender just like the stock just a hole further back. No modding necessary to the fender.

Qdraw 03-31-2011 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by rquirch (Post 8126807)
I have the lk on my LO and I bought the pillion, they attach to the fender just like the stock just a hole further back. No modding necessary to the fender.

Hey rquirch, do you think there is still enough room under that seat for a fuelpak?

rob i 03-31-2011 10:31 PM

I just checked and mine is the LXE 007. Not the one you need.

coronerrpm 04-01-2011 02:27 AM

I just went threw this about a week ago. Mine is the wide tire (2010 fatboy) and I bought the LK-007 barebones. You do NOT use the two thumb screws.

The seat mounts to the single hole one back from the thumb screws. All I did was remove the plastic plug and threw in a screw bung I got from the dealer for $4.00.

There is room for the ECM and or PC-5 and also the two studs for the thumb screws stay where they are under the barebones.
Hope this helps.

cpiad 04-01-2011 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by rquirch (Post 8126807)

So..it does NOT use the two OEM thumb screws? Is that right?

SuspendedUser 04-01-2011 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by cpiad (Post 8128937)
So..it does NOT use the two OEM thumb screws? Is that right?

NOPE!... just like coroner said above, it mounts to a single hole that is further back... you have to get rid of the thumbscrews... you can leave them in there but the seat is going to gap, i got rid of them and the plate that's under the fender...

about the fuelpak, YES! it takes a bit of patience but i was rocking my fuelpak and now my PC-V no problems... i have a picture of my install somewhere...

BTW, im selling my fuelpak if you want it.

Qdraw 04-01-2011 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by rquirch (Post 8129522)
NOPE!... just like coroner said above, it mounts to a single hole that is further back... you have to get rid of the thumbscrews... you can leave them in there but the seat is going to gap, i got rid of them and the plate that's under the fender...

about the fuelpak, YES! it takes a bit of patience but i was rocking my fuelpak and now my PC-V no problems... i have a picture of my install somewhere...

BTW, im selling my fuelpak if you want it.

Very Cool man... and your bike is seriously rock'n bro, killer job.
sorry man picked up my fuel pak last sturgis, the V&H guys did my pipes and the pak.

Youngneg 04-01-2011 06:48 PM

does anybody know the same info on the LK-800....silhouette deluxe solo...on a 2011 fatboy lo...2 stock mounts......i`m lookin at this LK-800 or the corbin classic solo.