Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need custom seat work done... anyone have a good guy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 12:54 PM
aquaelvis
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need custom seat work done... anyone have a good guy?

I posted about having my deluxe seat cut down and re-done a while back. The seats I have seen were done by Gabe's in CA. (on Ryan Reeds custom Deluxe builds) I heard back from Gabes and they want $800 to re-work my stock seat.
So that isn't going to happen. I am looking for someone who can cut it down, re-shape a little and either re-cover or modify the stock cover to fit. (I don't care, would like it to end up looking close to stock anyway)

If you have used a company and had good results please let me know. It doesn't seem like that much work, I am tempted to try it myself. (what do I have to lose?)

Last edited by aquaelvis; 05-04-2011 at 12:58 PM. Reason: I can't spell...
Old 05-04-2011, 12:56 PM
spoonie
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Search "stock seat mod" on this forum

Old 05-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Daddy-O
Tourer

No personal experience but have read good things about http://www.meancitycycles.com/.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:20 PM
studiopeg
Road Warrior
Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

I just re-did the website for this guy. He's been doing seats for 32 years. He made me two sets of beautiful seats - one my design and one his own - that I just picked up today. I'm thrilled with them.

His shop is non-stop hectic ville because he is in such demand and he seems very harried when you talk to him. He talks like he's from the Bronx and he's a former wrestler. But he's a top-notch sewer and re-shaper -- everything done by hand himself.

Check out http://www.all-nu.com. His name is Joe.

Since I traded him the website re-design in exchange for the seat sets, I don't know what he charges.

Last edited by studiopeg; 05-04-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:07 PM
jbg
Road Warrior

I've used C&C Seats for a couple of seat alterations I've had done. I had them shave down my seats and add some gel to them. They're located here in northern Orange County in SoCal. They did the work for me while I waited and both times they charged me less than $100. I'd give Chuck or Chewy a call and see what they can do for you. Good Luck.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:27 PM
KeeBee
Road Master

Studiopeg hope you post up some pix of your bike when you get it back. Sounds like you are doing some pretty cool stuff to it.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:51 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jbg
I've used C&C Seats for a couple of seat alterations I've had done. I had them shave down my seats and add some gel to them. They're located here in northern Orange County in SoCal. They did the work for me while I waited and both times they charged me less than $100. I'd give Chuck or Chewy a call and see what they can do for you. Good Luck.
This sounds like your best bet.

The top seat makers that do (custom) seats are at least $800+.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:50 PM
SMF
Banned

Hellride mfg will hook you up hes a member on here also

Old 05-04-2011, 04:11 PM
poppavein
Road Master

This guy is popular with the Iron Butt guys and will make a seat to fit your *** and be comfortable for long trips. He isn't cheap, either; but when you consider how many hours you spend sitting on it, then it seems like a bargain. (You can see how wide mine is in the pic below...)

http://www.richscustomseats.com/

We've always gone in with our bikes and it's an all day affair, between shaping, testing them out and then getting completed.

But I notice he also does it over the Net now; you have to send in pics of yourself on the bike so he can get it right.

Last edited by poppavein; 05-04-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:40 PM
aquaelvis
Tourer

Thanks for the info guys, keep it coming.
FYI- I did contact Mean City a couple weeks ago and asking him about it. He said it wasn't the kind of thing he did and gave me the name of another guy.
I have an email out to C&C and we'll see what they say. I'll be contacting the rest of these guys too.

Quick Reply: Need custom seat work done... anyone have a good guy?