Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It all started with a Fat Cat !

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 12:54 PM
ejvette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Default It all started with a Fat Cat !

Any of you who have read my prior post regarding the exhaust popping on decilaration after installing D & D Fat Cats last week know the start of the story.

The canned PVC map was usless. Jamie sent me a "custom map" which was terrible I went back to the canned map.

I decided based on the forum responses that a Dyno Tune was called for and I called Andrew at Rosa's Cycle Shop on Long Island who has the rep of being one of the best tuners on the east coast. Dropped my bike off this morning. After a long converstaion and not much prodding on his part I was talked into cams. Told Andrew what would make me happy and he said the only cams he would recommend are the Woods TW555. Soooo what started out as just a simple exhaust system upgrade $$$$$ LOL!

Will report the before and after Dyno results on wednesday!

Old 06-06-2011, 12:56 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

LOL. You might as well do the big bore kit at the same time. Save some on labor.

Drew

Old 06-06-2011, 01:00 PM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Rosa's did the build on a friends bike..... You should be very happy with the results

Old 06-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,225 Likes on 725 Posts

Guess I'll keep my stock exhaust after reading this.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will like the combination of cams + Fatcat. I had Andrews 37G cams installed in my SG last year. I was happy with the difference, but adding the Fatcat really woke it up.

Enjoy!

Shakey

Old 06-06-2011, 03:08 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Heads, Valve springs, those cams like more compression... you know.. get 5K ready LOL

Old 06-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ejvette
Any of you who have read my prior post regarding the exhaust popping on decilaration after installing D & D Fat Cats last week know the start of the story.

The canned PVC map was usless. Jamie sent me a "custom map" which was terrible I went back to the canned map.

I decided based on the forum responses that a Dyno Tune was called for and I called Andrew at Rosa's Cycle Shop on Long Island who has the rep of being one of the best tuners on the east coast. Dropped my bike off this morning. After a long converstaion and not much prodding on his part I was talked into cams. Told Andrew what would make me happy and he said the only cams he would recommend are the Woods TW555. Soooo what started out as just a simple exhaust system upgrade $$$$$ LOL!

Will report the before and after Dyno results on wednesday!
This is why I am scared to take a 2hr ride to get my bike tuned by them.I have very little self control when it comes to mods.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:17 PM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Everyone I talk to says to stay away from Rosa's. Some of these guys race bikes and spend big bucks on them. I hope you get a good tune. Keep us posted on his service.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Weevil
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ejvette
After a long converstaion and not much prodding on his part I was talked into cams. Told Andrew what would make me happy and he said the only cams he would recommend are the Woods TW555. Soooo what started out as just a simple exhaust system upgrade $$$$$ LOL!
That's the way it starts. Once he's done with the cams and tune, you'll be cruising sayin' "damn, I like this". And thus starts the itch.
Like klf33 said, start saving now. Another $1k - $1.5k you'll have scratched the itch.......maybe.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:55 PM
ejvette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by dansax
Everyone I talk to says to stay away from Rosa's. Some of these guys race bikes and spend big bucks on them. I hope you get a good tune. Keep us posted on his service.
Well I know alot of folks who have had serious work done by this shop without a single problem and their rep is impeccable Your the 1st person I have ever heard with a negative comment. I feel very good about my decision to have them work on my ride....well worth the 1 1/2 hrs to get there!

Quick Reply: It all started with a Fat Cat !