Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another problem with ride wright

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 11:50 AM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
The funny thing is you never hear the success stories, only about the problems. I have sold hudnreds of sets of RW's without issue. Regardless, the decision is up to the buyer.

Drew
I've actually seen several threads of people that are happy with Ride Wright wheels, which is why I say it seems to be Hit or Miss with them. You might come out good, and then on the other hand, you might get fcked and have to go through more hassle than it's worth to get righted. I personally have no idea of what that percentage might be, but it's clearly a higher percentage than what I would consider acceptable. I know my luck from past experiences like this, which is why I'd personally have to pass on their products.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:55 AM
FlyLow
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought Peg's issue were the spokes. on her Ride Wrights

Old 08-26-2011, 03:57 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,900 Likes on 2,156 Posts

I've bolted up 8 sets on 4 different model Harleys over the last 4 years for people with no issues at all.Last I checked they are all still going good. The axle spacer and hub seem to be the issues lately.I hate to see people having issues with them Mine are still going stong after almost 4 years with no pc or balance issues.hopefully Sam will get things in order because they are some nice wheels.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:15 AM
t stone
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

This time last year all the issues were with DNA. It seams that the tables have turned. I wonder what has changed at Ride Write to all of a sudden start having issues? That sucks they have a good name. Hopefully they figure it out before they start loosing buisness. That being said my DNAs are rollin smooth and with the new Diamond Back WW Metz. Wow what a huge diff. When I say WW.

Stone

Old 08-27-2011, 10:56 AM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

CMON Stone, put up some pics with the New WW, its WHITE huh? To clean the WW is real easy too isnt it? You dont even have to scrub like you have to do with other WW's

Old 08-28-2011, 05:31 AM
FroggyFatBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyLow
I thought Peg's issue were the spokes. on her Ride Wrights

it ended up being a casting issue inside the hub that was contacting the inner sleeve.. can't believe no one caught that on initial insp..

Old 08-28-2011, 07:05 AM
moggsy
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gee dude, you are having a shocker with these wheels. Hope it all pans out for you.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:37 AM
SNAKEMAN
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Drew, I'm looking to put some fat daddys on my lo could you pm me some prices?
Black rims, black spokes, chrome nipples (makes me laugh), chrome hubs. Also need matching pulley and rotors. Thinking I will go oem size maybe 18" up front. Oh and I've got to have one of those spiked front axles like you have on your ride.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:59 AM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,944 Likes on 3,031 Posts

You shouldn't slam RW, they did right by Peg. They seem to be a real stand up company. Obviously they're having a quality control problem. Contact them, #1. so they know, #2. so they can fix the problem.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:09 AM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FroggyFatBoy
it ended up being a casting issue inside the hub that was contacting the inner sleeve.. can't believe no one caught that on initial insp..
I thought I read somewhere that their hubs were machined from solid billet. If so then there would be no casting issue. Only a cnc machine or operator issue. From the issues I am hearing it sounds like it's time for them to go in and recalibrate all of the machines. I am sure they will get the problems worked out because like it was said earlier, they are some nice wheels.

Quick Reply: Another problem with ride wright