Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Face Helmets on my Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 01:54 PM
MarineGAU
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THANKS FOR ALL THE POSTS! I really don't care what others think about the way I look on my bike but I do want it to fit the style of my ride. That said, being safe and keeping my grape intact is more important. I agree with Kowan - let them see me in all my glory when the helmet comes off. I also want the full face with a cool looking gold or silver screen so I can give those cagers at the light the "stare" that keeps them wondering ha ha. Anyone heard much about the Fulmer helmets

Old 12-10-2011, 02:25 PM
roadkingharry
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 20 Posts

I got an HD full face that I bought at the dealer. I have to try it on to make sure it fits so I nixed the online purchase. Great helmet that I wear year-round like today when it's 40 or in the summer when it's 95. Open and close ventilators, easy to go back and forth between shaded shield and clear, and you can crack open the face shield to provide additional ventilation.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wrecked my Fat Bob this past february doing about 60 and wearing a 3/4 with face shield. The face shield cracked about halfway down but the only damage to my face was a scratch on the bridge of my nose. I decided with my new bike to move up to a modular HD branded helmet that is a HJC. I really like it so far. It has the built in sun shade feature which works really well and for the winter temperatures it's a lot warmer. As far as wind noise it whistles a little bit if I have the chin vent closed but I usually wear ear buds so that doesn't bother me. I'll probably wear it until it gets really hot then I may transition to my half helmet. Of course I shudder to think what my face might look like now if I had been wearing the half helmet when I wrecked. As far as the look of the helmet goes I don't really care if it goes with the bike or not. Getting the helmet in flat black was as far as I was willing to care about that.

Old 12-10-2011, 05:28 PM
OH Bob
Cruiser

I absolutely concur! The Arai full face is the most comfortable that I have worn, and I've been wearing helmets since the 60's.
Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Full face and retro look do not go together. Get over how it looks. I choose Arai as their shell fits my head best. Fitment is the most important thing on a full face. If it is not comfortable you'll never ewear it adn be miserable when you do.

This see the only brand full face i will wear as I have worn numerous other brands and this is the only one I can wear for a 12 hour day and feel fine. Made in Japan, oh well. As far as I am concerned if i cam going t o wear a modular I might as well wear a 3/4 or half.

http://www.amazon.com/Arai-Vector-Bl.../dp/B0055BDCX6

Old 12-10-2011, 05:47 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a sheoi 1100 it is a great helmet. I got mine in matte black. I had a Harley full face before the Shoei has much less noise and great ventilation. I think mine fits my bike just fine both the sporty and now the deluxe.

Old 12-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nolan N43E in graphite black for me.

Old 12-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Liz, nice to see you been a while, I will friend you on the other site. I have a HD ff that I wear only when it's really cold out. low 40's

Old 12-10-2011, 06:43 PM
rhinoevans
Tourer

I just pick up a 2003 Fatboy and the guy threw in an Oneil fullface with integrated Bluetooth. It is awsome. Has a built in FM transmitter, and the bluetooth pairing with my iPhone is easy. I can stream tunes to the helment from the iPhone and with one punch of a button answer the phone if it rings. And it auto back to music when the phone hangs up. Looking to put the bluetooth devise on my half helmet. Amazon VCAN BLINC m2, sold as a separtae add on. I have seen the integrated Bluetooth Oneil for as low as $199. The add on alone if $99 (*M1) or $129 (M2). M2 has added FM.

Old 12-10-2011, 06:50 PM
PLHbrian
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shoei Rf- 1100 has worked really well in all kinds of weather. Www.compacc.com

Old 12-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Belairs
Novice

Got a Shoie rf-1100 six mounths ago this thing rocks. its in flat black also.

Quick Reply: Full Face Helmets on my Heritage