Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Really frustrated with my 2012 Fat Boy Lo

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Fhatboy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Removed post, I'm sorry i was in the wrong topic.

Have a great holiday

Craig

Last edited by Fhatboy; 12-23-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:41 PM
F150usafFBlo
6th Gear

Hey Neekster, I'm a lil late on the reply but I went the same route you want to back in August during Sturgis. I got the first 2012 Fatboy lo my dealer got in and went immediately with the 2011's V&H 2-1's I had to use a 2010 touring o2 sensor adapter kit. installed it all in a day on my own, but I bit the bullet and had the dealer install the SE tuner since it was the only one out back in August. I got the pipes from www.directharleyparts.com they want 655.95 for the 2-1's in black and the o2 kit is $17.50 all free shipping.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:25 PM
thewholehog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2012Fatso
You ca use the exhaust off the older bikes. I have a 2012 lo as well and used the o2 extender and port adapters for my bassani road rage. Pm dr.vtwin he can get you hooked up!
Hey Fatso... not to hijack this thread but I would love to see a bigger picture of your bike with the Bassani Shorty Meg pipe you have on there! Thanks!

Old 04-01-2012, 08:10 AM
Neekster
Intermediate

Originally Posted by F150usafFBlo
Hey Neekster, I'm a lil late on the reply but I went the same route you want to back in August during Sturgis. I got the first 2012 Fatboy lo my dealer got in and went immediately with the 2011's V&H 2-1's I had to use a 2010 touring o2 sensor adapter kit. installed it all in a day on my own, but I bit the bullet and had the dealer install the SE tuner since it was the only one out back in August. I got the pipes from www.directharleyparts.com they want 655.95 for the 2-1's in black and the o2 kit is $17.50 all free shipping.
Hey F150, Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I was frustrated....you got your Lo before I did. I would have gone crazy if I were you. lol. My wait is over however. The Powercommander is finally out and installed on my 2012 Lo. I went with the 2011 version of the V&H Big Radius 2-1 exhaust. The wait is finally over and I def see MANY more accessories out now for the 2012's.

Thanks for your response. Be safe!

Neekster

Old 06-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Albatross14
Intermediate

Hello All:

I am brand new to the forum, so I apologize if the questions are too newbie. I have a 2012 Fat Boy Lo on order, in the Big Pearl Blue. I am so freaking excited to get it - will be my first Harley.

I am quickly learning that buying the bike is only the start. The many many options after... yikes.

I am intrigued by the power commander etc. comments. Here is where the question might be silly but what exactly do they do and what is the benefit? Tuning or remapping the ECM - will it make much difference in the power? It seems you don't have to leave it plugged in all the time but I see others sound like they do leave it in to autotune?

Any help appreciated.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:21 PM
jayrocker
Cruiser

Funny you guys mention the issue of waiting for upgrades try having a Rocker when they came out there was nothing for either oh well Good things come to those that wait.

Cheers J

Old 06-11-2012, 12:35 PM
poppavein
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Albatross14

I am intrigued by the power commander etc. comments. Here is where the question might be silly but what exactly do they do and what is the benefit? Tuning or remapping the ECM - will it make much difference in the power? It seems you don't have to leave it plugged in all the time but I see others sound like they do leave it in to autotune?

There are a lot of threads on this, and even a forum section devoted to it.

Basically, if you change the airflow in your engine, you may need to have the fuel injection mapping adjusted.

Some tuners, like the Harley tuner, can modify the map without requiring a piggyback addon.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:13 PM
flipbel
Tourer

[quote=Rush Racing Products;9139296]Rush has full systems and slip-ons currently available for the 2012 Fat Boy Lo.
http://www.rushracingproducts.com/so...ullsystem.html

Please let me know if anyone would like more info.
-Ryan[/quote

SLIPONS FOR 2013 FATBOY 1.75???????

Old 12-16-2012, 07:42 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Hmm. Sorry to hear. And I thought my Softail Slim was short on Harley upgrades. Look on the bright side, I guess. You can save some bucks in the meantime by going aftermarket.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:43 PM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Neekster
I was told to stay away from the PV and auto tune because they are very new and need time to work out all the kinks.
Whoever told you to do that is seriously misinformed. I have read (and I have done a LOT) nothing but good about the PV. It smokes the PCV in both technology and versatility. I have a ThunderMax and it works great, but if I had it to do again, I would go for the PV in a heartbeat. For user friendliness and versatility, it crushes the competition.

Quick Reply: Really frustrated with my 2012 Fat Boy Lo