Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Fishtails for the Springer

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 10:23 PM
97HeritageSpringer
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SprungDave
Sounds awesome! Deep, much louder, and really gets the dual exhaust chorus going! It sounds like the bike should have sounded. It sounds like a healthy Harley now.

I do think I will have to get a tuner now as the open pipes, I think, may be letting the bike get a little lean at higher RPM. The bike feels quicker, but I can't say for sure if that is just because it sounds so much faster.

We'll have to go for another ride soon. Want to come up this way this time? I can say you will get plenty of opportunity to hear the exhaust if you ride behind me!
Does your's really start howling mid way through the RPM range? Mine is also very deep sounding and has a very nice thump at idle, but when I wind it up, it sounds awesome at above probably 3500 RPM. It kinda has the same tone until a certain RPM, and then sounds totally different the after that "point" in the RPM range. The bark they have when I let off for the gear change sounds wicked. I love them!

Old 01-24-2012, 10:24 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Planning on going with Fuel Moto. Of course if I knew someone with a Dynojet Power Vision who was willing to use it to reprogram my ECM and then put it back onto his bike, that would be awesome and free for me! Know anyone like that?
Even though it is married to one bike for 150.00 you can pay FM a licensing fee to alow it to program another bike. If you used someones PV then you dont have one to play with but if all you want to do is download one of jamies maps id let you use mine. Check with Jamie if you want to go that route.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:27 PM
SprungDave
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 97HeritageSpringer
Does your's really start howling mid way through the RPM range? Mine is also very deep sounding and has a very nice thump at idle, but when I wind it up, it sounds awesome at above probably 3500 RPM. It kinda has the same tone until a certain RPM, and then sounds totally different the after that "point" in the RPM range. The bark they have when I let off for the gear change sounds wicked. I love them!
I haven't been ripping on it too much as I want to make sure I have the fueling worked out completely first. Is your evo re-jetted?

Old 01-24-2012, 10:31 PM
SprungDave
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by soft 02
Even though it is married to one bike for 150.00 you can pay FM a licensing fee to alow it to program another bike. If you used someones PV then you dont have one to play with but if all you want to do is download one of jamies maps id let you use mine. Check with Jamie if you want to go that route.
Thanks! I'll check with Jamie to see what he has to say. May go that route...

Old 01-24-2012, 10:36 PM
97HeritageSpringer
Tourer

I haven't been ripping on it too much as I want to make sure I have the fueling worked out completely first. Is your evo re-jetted?
I'm actually not sure. It had some slash cut unbaffled drag pipes on it when, along with Crane HI-4 ignition, and a K&N filter. I did a plug chop, and it is not running lean, but I don't know if it was jetted back then. The guy I bought the from had it since '98, and the pipes/ignition/filter was done before he got it, so he didn't know either. It runs very strong for a little 80 incher!

Old 01-25-2012, 03:29 AM
tq745
Tourer

love the fishtail look on springers...at first i had baffled and then i went with the non-baffled cholos and it's like night and day between the two. non-baffled sound sooo much better. i don't know about you guys but i'm keeping my springer forever now that they are discontinued by MOCO.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:46 AM
SprungDave
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by tq745
love the fishtail look on springers...at first i had baffled and then i went with the non-baffled cholos and it's like night and day between the two. non-baffled sound sooo much better. i don't know about you guys but i'm keeping my springer forever now that they are discontinued by MOCO.
Gotta love your bike! Looks awesome! Do you have to put warning flags on your fishtails? I would think someone is bound to run into or trip over them! In all seriousness, have you tried the Big City Thunder baffles? I hear lots of good things about them. Performance and sound-wise.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:22 AM
SUUIE
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking better every time Dave.

Last edited by SUUIE; 01-25-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:40 PM
SprungDave
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SUUIE
Looking better every time Dave.
Thanks! Maybe one day it will be as nice as yours.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:11 PM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Here fishy fishy........

Looks good.....

Quick Reply: New Fishtails for the Springer