Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Somebody better pick up the slack around here!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 09:15 PM
fmnspooch
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t stone
Thanks brother. Ya im about done with my Luxe. Just little things to do. I love the bike. I going to build a bagger. Gotta keep my bar hopper for sure. Your sled is coming together perfectly.

Stone
Thx pal. I appreciate it man.

Bagger huh...nice. sounds like a good plan. maybe next year I'll pick up another bike, but for now, this luxe is more than enough to keep up with.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:19 PM
t stone
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TNB
It's called "riding".
Ya for all you lucky bastards that live where the weather is always good. LOL. **** its 40 and raining here in Central Oregon. A bunch of us are flying to Vegas may 5th weekend for the supercross finale. Where going to rent some HD baggers and ride around for a day. Any ideas on some good riding. Got to have good watering holes every so often.

Stone

Old 03-28-2012, 04:42 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,514 Likes on 2,487 Posts

Ever take a huge dump & then go to inspect it, and there's nothing in the bowl? WTF is up with that?

Old 03-28-2012, 05:39 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
Ever take a huge dump & then go to inspect it, and there's nothing in the bowl? WTF is up with that?
haha, wasn't waitin' for the flush. It's got places to go!

Originally Posted by Blk and Chrome
This is what happens with a short winter.
This is so true. I had my bike down in the basement getting ready for a long freeze-down winter, but it never happened. Kept it in the garage after a bit so I could get out and ride every few days. Never even got my stainless brake lines installed.

Last edited by Benway; 03-28-2012 at 06:47 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:00 AM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Its definitely time to shut up and ride. Im actually riding mine to work tomorrow and hookin up with a hot nurse for an afternoon ride. If that goes well, maybe I'll start a new thread for you to read Pooch hahaha. Im pretty excited since im a contractor, I dont get many opportunites to ride the scoot to work, but I got it all worked out so I wont need my trailer.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:10 AM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Waiting on the nacelle and riding every chance I get. Wishing I could pull the trigger on getting my rear fender stretched and painted with the stretched tank that's gathering dust on the shelf. lol

But what I'm really waiting on pooch is to see your sic *** sled roll out on those Primo's with the new bars and Cholos bro! She's gonna be sic!

Old 03-28-2012, 08:00 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NC D'LUXE
Waiting on the nacelle and riding every chance I get. Wishing I could pull the trigger on getting my rear fender stretched and painted with the stretched tank that's gathering dust on the shelf. lol

But what I'm really waiting on pooch is to see your sic *** sled roll out on those Primo's with the new bars and Cholos bro! She's gonna be sic!
Careful on the stretch fender bud if you are going for the sweep. I seen some odd looking attempts out there. The narrow towards the back seems to train the stretch to look to 'slim' and doesnt look right. But I am sure you thought this all out and probably have some pretty pencil doodles to make sure. Also keep in mind slamming is not a perdindicular motion and can off centre the fender as I just found out the hard way.

If it was me I would just leave it....the duals balance the look out perfect imo.

My 2 cents.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:12 AM
fmnspooch
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dickey
I hear that man. squeezing the cheeks and bearing down like giving birth and BAM. Nobody home!!! One of the mysteries of the world, ha ha ...

Originally Posted by 2010Deluxeguy
Its definitely time to shut up and ride. Im actually riding mine to work tomorrow and hookin up with a hot nurse for an afternoon ride. If that goes well, maybe I'll start a new thread for you to read Pooch hahaha. Im pretty excited since im a contractor, I dont get many opportunites to ride the scoot to work, but I got it all worked out so I wont need my trailer.
Nice, nurses are sick, ha ha, good metaphor huh?

Originally Posted by NC D'LUXE

That whole rear fender stretch is been brewing in my head too. Maybe next winter. My indy called this morning an was not happy that I purchased my cholo's directly from Samson and was asking him to put them on. So guess what, Im installing my own cholo's now. If they only take a few hours to install, maybe I'll bang em out thursday or Friday night so I can still ride this weekend. You think two nights is enough time to get them set up?

Old 03-28-2012, 08:26 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm still out here in Afghanistan, but tomorrow I am on my way home and then time to tear into the bike! I've got a shitload (technical term) of tear down to do, plenty of parts to give to my PCer, engine work to do, little bits here and there to remove, bits to replace, bits to relocate, bits and pieces to modify, suspension to lower (maybe, still undecided, I like cornering too much), parts to install (ex: auxilliary lights, sissy bar, etc.) and 1000 mile service work to do (only had the bike for 2 months before I got the word I was deploying again).

Damn bike has pretty much looked exactly like the attached pic all winter with the exception of my buddy taking it out a couple of times just to keep the fluids moved around and battery charged. ****! I haven't even seen my new house yet, where it sits all lonely in the garage! Wife got the go ahead to move in a week after I left. Haha, rant over.

Attached Thumbnails Somebody better pick up the slack around here!-307062_2045717589652_1445760135_31691722_854386642_n.jpg  

Last edited by CaptainMorgan_SOS; 03-28-2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:33 AM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pooch it won't take a few hours for the install. You'll knock it out pretty quick and be done Thursday night. You'll find it to be a lot easier than you think. Just bolt everything up loosely to mock it up, then start at the headers tightening up all the way back to the brackets.

Indy sounds like a dick, hell, he'd still get his cut on labor. Tell him to suck it and find a new indy for any future needs.

Quick Reply: Somebody better pick up the slack around here!