Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage Bags sagging fixed in 06 or 07?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 05:16 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Heritage Bags sagging fixed in 06 or 07?

Fix what problem????

The bags are leather. Leather will stretch and shrink over time when exposed to the elements. Like a boot, shoe, or set of leather riding gear being broken in.

If you do any long distance riding and encounter the usual rain and muck the bags will begin to take on "character".

When you get home or at a good place on the ride, air dry them out of the sun and use the Harley leather cleaner / conditioner and the leather dressing. They will last a long time.

But eventually you will need to replace them.

30,000 miles on my 03 Heritage.

Old 01-06-2007, 12:21 AM
agedwards63
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Based on DSMC's and KY 23's bikes I went ahead and ordered the GSB kit today thanx guys for the preview! Was at the dealer and he was like "they are okay... but you lose alot of stuffability" oh well I usually just use those liner bags when I travel on it

Old 01-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Heritage07
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 71 Posts

ORIGINAL: AK_Hog_Herder

Fix what problem????

The bags are leather. Leather will stretch and shrink over time when exposed to the elements. Like a boot, shoe, or set of leather riding gear being broken in.

If you do any long distance riding and encounter the usual rain and muck the bags will begin to take on "character".

When you get home or at a good place on the ride, air dry them out of the sun and use the Harley leather cleaner / conditioner and the leather dressing. They will last a long time.

But eventually you will need to replace them.

30,000 miles on my 03 Heritage.
The lids were supposed to be reinforced to eliminate any sagging / bowing. Purley a cosmetic problem.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:27 AM
KY23
Tourer

agedwards63, your dealer doesn't know what he is talking about (Sounds like mine most of the time too). You loose no "stufability" since the kit doesn't make it into a hard bag. The outside of the bag doesn't have anything reinforcing it since it doesn't sag. Just the tops and around the outside edges of the bag.

Old 01-06-2007, 12:54 PM
DMSC
Road Master

ORIGINAL: KY23

agedwards63, your dealer doesn't know what he is talking about (Sounds like mine most of the time too). You loose no "stufability" since the kit doesn't make it into a hard bag. The outside of the bag doesn't have anything reinforcing it since it doesn't sag. Just the tops and around the outside edges of the bag.
The only thing about the GSB kit that I didn't like were the support rails that go along the top outside edge of the outer bag wall (under the lid). With those on, it does make it more diffcult to get larger things into the bag. I took mine back off and the rest of the kit works just as well, IMHO.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:06 AM
captmike
Novice

ORIGINAL: Doug

Try this site
www.gotsaggybags.com
I purchased this kit.

I tried2 attemps to install it. Even called and spoke to the owen of the company. Still not easy and was unable to install.

I found a disributor about 100 miles from me who turned me on to a guy that does install them. This installer told me that they are a bitch to install. He installed them for me and the end result is great.

Great product...hard to install.

Old 06-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Eggman
Novice

I've got an '06 with about 4500 miles and the bags are starting to give way a bit. I think it may be because I don't have a garage and have to leave it under a cover. I'm definitely gonna get the kit from Saggy Bags very shortly

Old 06-03-2007, 11:22 PM
slack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an 05 heritage and put the got saggy bags kit in and they are great. I didnt think the bags were hard to put in, the worst part was waiting the 24 hours to let the glue dry on the lids. The bags look better than some of the newer Heritage bags.I see bikes all the time and there bags look like they have been left outside in the rain and sun. I dont get it you pay too much money to let them turn to ****. But I guess it is their money and not mine.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:18 AM
T Tommyt
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: slack

I have an 05 heritage and put the got saggy bags kit in and they are great. I didnt think the bags were hard to put in, the worst part was waiting the 24 hours to let the glue dry on the lids. The bags look better than some of the newer Heritage bags.I see bikes all the time and there bags look like they have been left outside in the rain and sun. I dont get it you pay too much money to let them turn to ****. But I guess it is their money and not mine.
I no what you mean
But I also say WTF HD why don't the come with the Bike ??
Should go see if its covered under warranty [:@]

Old 06-04-2007, 01:30 AM
Catching a Breeze
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Purchased mine in March. So far so good. Hope it stays that way.

Quick Reply: Heritage Bags sagging fixed in 06 or 07?