Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Softail Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models-7/)
-   -   Apes or beach cruiser bars? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/803295-apes-or-beach-cruiser-bars.html)

jbone408 08-31-2012 01:49 PM

Apes all the way. bad left shoulder also, but when i'm riding on the freeway I only use the throtle hand unless im making a hard turn.

dansax 08-31-2012 01:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'd rather hit the beach with the babes instead of the jungle with the apes. Well. I thought it was funny. My bars are very comfortable and I get compliments all the time. I don't think any bar looks goofy, only some bikes they are on.

bikerlaw 08-31-2012 02:05 PM

I tried both on my Fat Boy and truly prefer the apes. That being said, if your really all about the long hauls and shoulder pain, IMHO they both can work fine with the addition of a detachable windshield. At least for me, its the wind that beats on me when doing two, three and four hundred mile day rides. Remove that obstacle and either bar will work.

Skeezmachine 08-31-2012 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by dansax (Post 10275066)
I don't think any bar looks goofy, only some bikes they are on.

I agree with this 100% when it comes to what looks better. I have seen some motorcycles with apes that make me wonder what the hell the owner was thinking. But then I can see another scoot with apes and crave owning something like it. Same thing with other styles of bars.

Benway 08-31-2012 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by 509Rider (Post 10272887)
I also have been going back and forth, I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with gangstas, I heard there comfy. I like the look of beachbars when the bike is parked but guys look a little goofy when Ridin them. IMO

That's just when you've got them rolled down to where you're hands are cupping your nuts. :icon_bowrofl:

Anyway, I went with 36" wide so I could still turn around in a parking lot, haha. Steering is much more sensitive the further your span goes out, but I've put hundreds of miles on these and love them.

Scratt 08-31-2012 06:56 PM

With beach bars your looking like your bent over for something...................

OK That was wrong!

Funny!

Motown Strag 08-31-2012 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Scratt (Post 10276210)
With beach bars your looking like your bent over for something...................

OK That was wrong!

Funny!

You should ride up front then so you dont think about stuff like that when you are riding behind other guys...lol jk

Stock bars gave me a pinch in my shoulder, i like having my arms down in a more natural position (cupping my nuts) The bars work great low as long as you roll the hand controls forward a little

Scratt 08-31-2012 08:02 PM

[quote=Motown Strag;10276270]You should ride up front then so you dont think about stuff like that when you are riding behind other guys...lol jk

LMAO!!!

:icon_toast: