Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Softail Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models-7/)
-   -   Apes or beach cruiser bars? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/803295-apes-or-beach-cruiser-bars.html)

redmosquito1 08-30-2012 10:13 PM

Apes or beach cruiser bars?

Need some input on apes vs beach cruisers for my 2012 Deluxe, so far I have Shotgun and 33" Sampson Long tails.

I've got a really bad left shoulder, and while the stock bars to hurt it I don't like the look.

Like the look of both styles equally but am concerned one or the other may hurt my shoulder a lot and make long rides impossible.

So I am looking for input on both styles and vs each other as far as shoulder and arm comfort goes.

I'm loving the gangster and evil apes and haven't quite settled on the beach bar yet, so thoughts?

Thanks

And sorry for another bar thread

509Rider 08-30-2012 10:22 PM

I also have been going back and forth, I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with gangstas, I heard there comfy. I like the look of beachbars when the bike is parked but guys look a little goofy when Ridin them. IMO

BLKnCHRME09Deluxe 08-30-2012 10:40 PM

I've had them both... they both look great. Beachbars gave me shoulder pain... Apes gives me no pian. Everybody is different.

Kinda funny about the riding comment with BB looking funny... Because i recieved alot of comments from friends i rode with how funny i looked while riding my bike... With my 38.5" BB ... My arms wide and low.... Bike did look good parked though... lol..

GOODLUCK!

redmosquito1 08-30-2012 10:46 PM

509 good point, they do look a little funny going down the road.

BLK sick bike, kinda what I'm looking to do with mine and thanks or the tip. Maybe I'll order some evil apes and see how they feel. If I dont like them mocked up I could send em back I guess.

Keep the comments coming

Scratt 08-30-2012 10:47 PM

Beach bars suck, get apes just below shoulder level.

Just my opinion.

Uncle Chester 08-30-2012 11:20 PM

I've never tried beach bars but I do have apes on both my bikes. I have shoulder and back issues and can say that the bars cause no pain, they are really comfortable, especially if you get a good seat with some back support. Plus they always look badass riding and parked.

magna 08-31-2012 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Scratt (Post 10272962)
Beach bars suck, get apes just below shoulder level.

Just my opinion.

+ 1 on that, looking at some beach bars I think you could end up with back ache as well as a bad shoulder.

WhiteKnight2000 08-31-2012 05:51 AM

I also had shoulder problems and switched out my stick bars for apes cause my shoulders were bothering me and have no pain now.

decencyxdefied 08-31-2012 07:01 AM

apes allll the way man

2010Deluxeguy 08-31-2012 07:53 AM

when I see someone riding a bike with apes, I see a wanna be gangster...just sayin...no disrespect to gangsters intended haha