Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slim & Blackline Seats... What's out there?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 02:33 PM
Sharkfinn
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Le Pera has a new Bare Bones coming out next month that will fit the Slim and the Blackline. It's a solo seat, but they also have a thicker, fatter pillion for the wife. I have mine on order already. Here are some scanned pages from the catalog.

Attached Thumbnails Slim & Blackline Seats... What's out there?-lepera-fxs.jpg   Slim & Blackline Seats... What's out there?-lepera-fxs-2.jpg  
Old 03-23-2013, 03:07 PM
GlennB.
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I just installed the mustang wide tripper with diamond stitch on my slim and got the pillion as well. Pretty sweet looking but I won't know how it rides for a couple more days.

Old 03-23-2013, 04:33 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by richbob
I am very much tempted by the Danny Gray Buttcrack solo seat and pillion.

Has anyone any photos of these seats from the top or of more angles than the usual side view?

It would be much appreciated if I could see some more views / angles before deciding whether to go ahead.
Thanks for the replies! Much appreciated!
Can't help with the Danny Gray. But gotta say, I dig those Hollywood bars on your Blackline!

Last edited by SoCalSoftailSlim; 03-23-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:53 PM
Not2slim
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sharkfinn
Le Pera has a new Bare Bones coming out next month that will fit the Slim and the Blackline. It's a solo seat, but they also have a thicker, fatter pillion for the wife. I have mine on order already. Here are some scanned pages from the catalog.
Now that is what I'm talking about. I've been patiently waiting . Look awesome. I'm just curious what the price point will be. I had the Corbin Solo and felt like I pushed forward a little to far. I'm 6'01" though. It was pretty darn comfortable though.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:40 PM
TDiegmann
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, I know I said I was going to wait until I got more miles on the mustang, but I must divulge my initial impressions.
first of all, I am 6ft tall with fairly long arms, so I am not freakishly big and I am not a short stack either.

The Mustang has an initial comfort level that I feel exceeds both DG and of course the stock seat. The backrest is great (I rode it both with and without backrest) . It really let's you relax a bit more (especially since I have some apes on my blackline, and at higher speeds can tax your neck and lower back). However, it changes my seating position for me in a negative way. You see, it moves you forward several inches compared to stock or DG (to accommodate the backrest I assume, but in pictures of the wide tripper w/out back rest, it looks to be the same position) (you are also moved forward slightly with the backrest removed). While this does put you a little more over the foot pegs, it takes away the laid back seating position. To its credit, the forward seating position does feel like it gives you a better ability to hug the tank with your legs, and thus the feeling of a bit more handling control. Of course, this is probably merely perceived, but I did notice it. Also, with the stock and DG seats, I am able to rest my ankles on the foot pegs for the ultimate state of relaxation. With the day tripper I can't do this with any level of comfort, my legs hang so far forward they are almost scraping the ground.

As for the DG butt crack solo W GEL, it is a much firmer seat than both the mustang and the stock seat. As far as seating position goes, you really sit down and back into the seat, much like the stock one. However, it surpasses the stock on long haul comfort for certain. I would get butt burn after about an hour on the stock seat (right on my damn tail bone). With the Danny gray, the butt burn is gone and the firmness is actually much more comfortable than the stock seat. However, don't get it twisted; the buttcrack solo is by no means a touring saddle. It is more comfortable than stock, but I wouldn't want to tromp across country on it. The most I've ridden in a day on the DG is about 300 miles. Could have done plenty more, but as the day wore on, I definitely noticed my back side.

So overall I'll say this:

The mustang day tripper w backrest is a great seat and mighty comfortable, but I don't think it is for the taller riders as it pushes you to far forward. However, if you like that more forward position, you could really rack up the miles in this seat.

In my opinion, the DG is definitely the best looking out of all three. It keeps you pretty low and doesn't push you forward. It is definitely a comfort improvement over the stock seat, but is not a touring saddle (nor doesn't claim to be). This is the seat for my money. Great freakin looks, good comfort, and a good position.........

The following users liked this post:
Tall Timber (04-27-2016)
Old 03-23-2013, 06:59 PM
TDiegmann
Novice

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures, but you get the idea. The first two pictures are the DG, and the others are the Mustang. Also, it was getting dark outside........Now I'm done.....Sick of hearing the wife complaining of me writing about "stupid motorcycle stuff" Let me know if anyone has any questions about either of these seats.....

Old 03-23-2013, 07:02 PM
TDiegmann
Novice

Here they are...

Attached Thumbnails Slim & Blackline Seats... What's out there?-1.jpg   Slim & Blackline Seats... What's out there?-2.jpg   Slim & Blackline Seats... What's out there?-3.jpg   Slim & Blackline Seats... What's out there?-4.jpg   Slim & Blackline Seats... What's out there?-5.jpg  

Old 03-23-2013, 09:53 PM
Nocturnalnature
Road Master

Originally Posted by richbob
I am very much tempted by the Danny Gray Buttcrack solo seat and pillion.

Has anyone any photos of these seats from the top or of more angles than the usual side view?

It would be much appreciated if I could see some more views / angles before deciding whether to go ahead.
Thanks for the replies! Much appreciated!
Here you go, Danny Gray Buttcrack

Old 03-23-2013, 10:13 PM
beast 10
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice looking Blackline Nocturnslnature, where did you get that rear fender bib ?

Old 03-23-2013, 10:22 PM
beast 10
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Never mind found it but Three Mutts is booked up till May.

Quick Reply: Slim & Blackline Seats... What's out there?