Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker c/ Breakout conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 06:22 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by m i k e
team red OWNS

Is that a breakout rear fender and struts? I am looking to do this just wanted to talk with someone who did with success,if not you has anyone done it,the thunder bike fender mod is nice but way overpriced I can buy all the parts and have it painted customer for around 700$ thunder bike is DOUBLE BEFORE paint,no brainier,looks like the rear lights are the same except rocker is 6volts and breakout runs 12 but I plan on using my rocker lights,and cutting the front nub down,where the seat attaches to,so I can slip the seat mount clip behind the strut to keep it clean,sound like I have it right? I hope so,ordering the parts this week,ever since the Danny grey seat,I get bounced up and down over every little bump,the breakout fender will bring a rear suspension back to the "softail"!!!! Wish me luck,and if and pointers etc,would be appreciated,I know it's a old thread,but it's the only one I found that touches on what I am planing to do

Old 11-15-2016, 06:48 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by TOMMYBLAZIN
Is that a breakout rear fender and struts?
That's a Heartland kit....The "conversion" was to a Breakout front end, but I know I've seen a Rocker with a BO rear fender on here, hopefully they'll chime in.

Last edited by Rocker B; 11-15-2016 at 07:00 PM.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:53 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Rocker B
That's a Heartland kit....The "conversion" was to a Breakout front end, but I know I've seen a Rocker with a BO rear fender on here, hopefully they'll chime in.
ID LOVE TO SEE IT, WINTERS GERE, SO $$ NO SO MUCH A OBJECT, AS I DONT HAVE TO DO ALL I WANT IN 2 WEEKS,LOL, AS IVE BEEN THUS FAR, did you get those cams in yet?

Old 04-14-2017, 04:16 AM
Norwich boy
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi

Hi
how did you cope with the offset of the breakout wheel ?

Old 04-14-2017, 05:10 AM
Norwich boy
6th Gear
Default Hi

Hi I'm now doing conversion to mine . Can I ask a few things ?
Can I use my rocker c spacers with rear breakout wheel or do I need breakout ones , what deg wide glide trees did you use , finally how did you get over breakout offset on front wheel . did u have to shave spacers etc , does it centre ?
Regards

Old 04-16-2017, 07:52 AM
FXXXCW
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just did the wideglide/breakout wheel mod.
A lot more Tree options from Europe. These are Ribufinni from Italy. Also Thunderbike and Mueller both from Germany have nice ones. Sent me trees , axle and spacers that I had to machine to correct size. I bought a kit on ebay with doubles of 17 different size spacers which I was able to use to get the back wheel centered. Then used them to get close on lining the front up. Once I got front disk centered in caliper, figured what size the spacers needed to be and had them machined. Just give yourself extra 10 thousandths or so.U can lay sandpaper flat and run it over that to get em exact they're just aluminum. U can't add it back on if it's too narrow. Handles and rides better than b4 IMO. U will loose some turning radius with wider trees that's all. Also didn't need to trim my dash with these particular trees

Old 04-17-2017, 09:38 AM
Norwich boy
6th Gear
Default Hi

Hi did you use rebufini with no degrees in ? I saw them this morning and am thinking of putting them on mine . If you did , did u have to shorten fork tubes ?
Regards
QUOTE=FXXXCW;16141764]

Just did the wideglide/breakout wheel mod.
A lot more Tree options from Europe. These are Ribufinni from Italy. Also Thunderbike and Mueller both from Germany have nice ones. Sent me trees , axle and spacers that I had to machine to correct size. I bought a kit on ebay with doubles of 17 different size spacers which I was able to use to get the back wheel centered. Then used them to get close on lining the front up. Once I got front disk centered in caliper, figured what size the spacers needed to be and had them machined. Just give yourself extra 10 thousandths or so.U can lay sandpaper flat and run it over that to get em exact they're just aluminum. U can't add it back on if it's too narrow. Handles and rides better than b4 IMO. U will loose some turning radius with wider trees that's all. Also didn't need to trim my dash with these particular trees[/QUOTE]

Old 04-19-2017, 02:41 PM
FXXXCW
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah. Ordered the zero degrees. I ordered a progressive drop in lowering kit but sent it back. Didn't need it because the fork tubes go through the upper trees where the stock ones sit under the top tree. Probably drops 1.5" . Kit also came with different fork tube caps but they didn't seem to match my bike so just kept stock ones minus the top bolt

Old 04-21-2017, 10:53 PM
Gdraco
1st Gear

Question: Does anyone here have hhi 49mm Wide Glide 6* triple trees on their Rocker C, if so any issues?

Last edited by Gdraco; 04-24-2017 at 09:27 PM.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:39 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jtj75
You have to go with wider front end, the Breakout wheel is 3.5" wide and the Rocker front wheel is 2.15" wide. Thanks for all the compliments on my bike, I am proud of how it turned out.

FYI- I just found out the Rocker left fork slider will not work with Breakout axle, I had to purchase a Breakout left slider part#45500148, to make everything work.
One last shot to my wallet before completion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol
Can you pm what parts are needed, also, with this conversion, dod you put monotones in forks, or rigors, etc, i have a 2008 rocker c, if makes sense, AND WORKS, id like to know exactly what to buy, thanks man, i really appreciate it!!!

Quick Reply: Rocker c/ Breakout conversion