Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After my first long ride on a Harley Softail... Advice on aftermarket seat?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 10:26 AM
harleyman15801
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put the saddleman seat on mine with gel pads both driver and passenger i can ride it for days on end feels like a recliner...haha

Old 12-01-2013, 10:55 AM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,743 Likes on 1,127 Posts

The Mustang solo I had on my Heritage was the most comfortable seat I've ever ridden on. I could ride all day on it, no problem. I also had the backrest which made a HUGE difference.

Your size should not be a problem on the Slim.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:13 AM
a99miata
Road Captain
Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

it boils down to how much money you want to spend! Russell day long is the BEST seat out there

Old 12-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Slimshadey
Banned

I have to agree with the people here saying to ride your stock at least 1000 miles before you swap. You have nothing to lose!

I just hit 1000 miles on my slim'a stock seat and noticed my *** didn't hurt anymore. Not saying this will happen with you, but prematurely changing your seat will be wasting your money and these seats aren't cheap.

Wait 1000 miles before you switch your seat!!

Old 12-01-2013, 01:39 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I had my stock seat reworked and in doing so I kept the rail and was also able to keep the "webbing" on the sides of the seat too. I wonder why so many guys don't think of getting their stock seats reworked rather than going out and buying new seats? I'm not questioning anyones choices, more curious than anything else. I was able to get the seat I wanted, the material I wanted, the color I wanted and the design and padding that I wanted. It was a win/win for me. I did start a thread a while back titled "Custom seats/Seat ****" if you care to look it up and look at some seats that guys had done to their stock seat pans. Food for thought.

Old 10-03-2015, 10:37 PM
ruffbiker
Intermediate
Default Revisiting this thread...

I did go with the Mustang Solo not long after I posted my inquiry and have been loving riding but newsflash! I just traded my Softail Slim for a new Softail Heritage Classic in that teal/ white color combo. Getting it this Tuesday! I can't wait! Will post pics in another thread just as soon as I get it home.

Old 10-04-2015, 08:56 AM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by ruffbiker
I did go with the Mustang Solo not long after I posted my inquiry and have been loving riding but newsflash! I just traded my Softail Slim for a new Softail Heritage Classic in that teal/ white color combo. Getting it this Tuesday! I can't wait! Will post pics in another thread just as soon as I get it home.
That new Heritage is a home run. I predict it'll be the next Street Glide

Old 10-04-2015, 07:29 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

Ultimate seats

your *** will thanks you, you'll wonder how you ever went without it

Old 10-04-2015, 07:41 PM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default nummer

Well here is my two cents worth. I've been using Corbin seats on motorcycles for the last 25 Years! The last one I bought a couple of years ago for my Fatboy Lo. I ordered it (a solo) with my options and no stitching in the seat. They even called to confirm my order and what I wanted. It came with stitching in the seat which I expressed highly I didn't want. The seat was comfortable and I was ready to go on a trip. They never replied to three emails and two phone calls I was put on hold for. Their customer service sucks but I still like their seats. My longest trip on this bike has been 6k and it was a good seat. Had one of their solo's on a RG and did a 16.7k trip on it.(6 weeks)

Old 10-05-2015, 08:41 PM
gilmour68
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I ran the stock seat for a while and found that I can only tolerate it for around 150-200 miles a day. Since I often ride 250-350+ miles on a longer run, I decided to pick up a Mustang Wide Vintage seat from someone on the forums for a great price ($185). I had the Mustang wide vintage two piece on the Sporty and found it to be comfortable and I'm not disappointed with the one on the Fatty. It has enough back support to make a difference without the backrest.

I prefer the look of the stock seat, I also like the two piece solo option the stock seat provides. I may go the gel route in the offseason, but based on my experience I recommend trying one of the Mustang models if you're looking for comfort over looks.

Attached Thumbnails After my first long ride on a Harley Softail... Advice on aftermarket seat?-img_2361.jpg   After my first long ride on a Harley Softail... Advice on aftermarket seat?-img_2665.jpg   After my first long ride on a Harley Softail... Advice on aftermarket seat?-img_2673.jpg   After my first long ride on a Harley Softail... Advice on aftermarket seat?-img_2539.jpg  

Quick Reply: After my first long ride on a Harley Softail... Advice on aftermarket seat?