Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 07:11 PM
BrkOut
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Apes v T-bar on Breakout or in general...

I currently ride w/ 14" apes (pictured in 1st). There are days when I like the look of apes better, and there are days when I like t-bars better.

Who has experience w/ t-bars and apes on Breakouts or in general on the same bike?

I'd like to know the pros and cons of riding and handling w/ t-bars. I've never had them but imagine that my hand position will be at least a little narrower on t-bars. How is riding and swerving/turning? My hangers are stable, but are t-bars more stable because of the way they're mounted (less possibility of forward/backward movement)?

Old 10-10-2017, 09:23 PM
Odinbreakout9
Advanced
Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by txphatboy
Need some help from you Breakout owners. Is the exhaust on a BO the same as other softails, with just more offset or a wider bracket to accommodate the wider swingarm? I have a 2001 Fatboy with a 240 backend and have always had to add crazy amount of spacers between bracket and frame to clear my swingarm. My bike got hit a few weeks ago and I need to replace the exhaust. Wondering if an aftermarket exhaust for the BO would mount up to frame at same point on the Fatboy, and if there are other bends in headers that would cause it not to fit? Any help is appreciated. If not possible, I'll buy a FLST exhaust and add spacers. Thanks.
They would bolt up the the heads. The exhaust does sit a little wider as the engine on a breakout is offset to the left to accommodate the large rear tire. You will have to plug the O2 sensor bungs. Other issues would be the frame generations and oil lines from the oil tank. These will be the major differences between your bike and the breakout. Find a used stock breakout exhaust (can be had for pretty cheap). See if that fits in all the right places, then transfer your findings to the exhaust of your choice.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:41 AM
Vinman411
Tourer

Received 105 Likes on 57 Posts

I have my stock exhaust in the for sale section if that would work

Old 10-11-2017, 02:41 PM
RanchDweller
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do with Breakout Wheels? Something Cool

I have just about thrown away all of the stock parts off of my Breakout. It would pain me to throw away wheels. Any ideas of something cool to do with the wheels? Make tables out of them, mount them on the garage wall, etc? No one is buying stock parts. Any ideas?

Old 10-11-2017, 06:26 PM
Da-Rza 21
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by txphatboy
Need some help from you Breakout owners. Is the exhaust on a BO the same as other softails, with just more offset or a wider bracket to accommodate the wider swingarm? I have a 2001 Fatboy with a 240 backend and have always had to add crazy amount of spacers between bracket and frame to clear my swingarm. My bike got hit a few weeks ago and I need to replace the exhaust. Wondering if an aftermarket exhaust for the BO would mount up to frame at same point on the Fatboy, and if there are other bends in headers that would cause it not to fit? Any help is appreciated. If not possible, I'll buy a FLST exhaust and add spacers. Thanks.
ive seen lots of different exhausts on breakouts that werent intended for the bo like the rsd exhausts etc..they say they wont fit but they do..if anything you would just have to space out the rear mounting a bit like a inch at the most

Old 10-11-2017, 07:23 PM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by RanchDweller
I have just about thrown away all of the stock parts off of my Breakout. It would pain me to throw away wheels. Any ideas of something cool to do with the wheels? Make tables out of them, mount them on the garage wall, etc? No one is buying stock parts. Any ideas?
Wanna sell that front wheel?

Old 10-22-2017, 11:37 AM
fat daddy
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by xgoldy
got the new Thunderbike risers and installed them this morning. (I know people love the apes - so no further comments needed! haha) the question I have is do I need to use some loctite on the upper riser bolts? I went for a quick run after the install, and at the end I could feel movement in the bars. or do I just need to tighten it down with a ratchet instead of an allen key. (for more leverage - as it was about as tight as I could get with the allen wrench)

How tall are the thunder bike risers ? What’s the difference between standard breakout risers and cvo risers. I installed some 12 in apes on my cvo but I’m thinking they are a little tall looking for the bike.

Old 10-23-2017, 09:47 AM
Teddy Vedder
Intermediate
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RoK ToniK
Two Brothers Racing, sounds nasty, so much power, simply badass!
Agreed, looks badass they make the only 2-1 that I like.
Which Two Brothers exhaust is that? The Comp or the Megaphone? I can’t tell the difference on the site between the two.

For the Breakout they only show the slip-ons, and the 2-1 setups for Dynas.

Last edited by Teddy Vedder; 10-23-2017 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-23-2017, 09:52 AM
JimGnitecki
Road Warrior
Received 217 Likes on 143 Posts

Just don't carry a passenger if you get that exhaust. With where that exhaust terminates so far ahead of the rear axle, the passenger would go deaf. You too maybe.

Jim G

Old 10-23-2017, 09:58 AM
Teddy Vedder
Intermediate
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JimGnitecki
Just don't carry a passenger if you get that exhaust. With where that exhaust terminates so far ahead of the rear axle, the passenger would go deaf. You too maybe.

Jim G
Ha! I appreciate the thought. But I’m running Bassani Pro Street Turnouts right now and they’re loud as all get out. I love it and so does my smoking-hot wife😂

I think the Breakout is meant to be a bit obnoxious!

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread