Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to Your Softail Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 11:58 AM
FLS103
Road Warrior
Received 240 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by EricRay
Really......., in my opinion, the whole point of a motor cycle even cruiser is the thrill of torque and power. Its not how fast you go but quick you get her up there. I guess not everyone likes that kind of thrill. It also comes in handy, in certain situations.
Agreed, everybody has different taste in food, women, beer, cars, bikes...
Some guys make their bikes pretty keep them spit shined and polished, then only put a thousand miles a year on it. Some guys ride 15k a year and those bikes are usually dirty lol. Some guys like to add power, some don't. Some guys leave their bikes bone stock both in appearance and performance.
Nothing wrong with any of it. I also like the thrill of torque and power and have owned many Street driven drag bikes and crotch rockets. Current bike goes 116/116 sae and its a blast to ride. Different strokes....

Old 04-27-2016, 12:10 PM
kansei
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Freak Show
have a friend who put a bunch of work into his 13 ultra limited and it took a crap on him and never ran right since. all just for a little extra power. he got it going and traded it in, but took a bath on the price. my bike will do 100 easy, but am i gonna do a 100 all the time, hell no. and i didn't buy my bike to have bragging rights for something i'm not gonna use or to sit around and bs with the boys that i have this cam or that tuner.. just seems pointless unless you're taking it to the track. it's a cruiser, they're not meant for speed. you all want the power of a crotch rocket but put them down so much, all your points are redundant.
Same reason we put big blocks in cars and never leave good enough . It always was /is a pissin match . It could be a few buddies next to a lake - gonna end up who can throw a rock the furthest . Its the reason you buy more Christmas lights than your neighbour .

Old 04-27-2016, 12:22 PM
FLS103
Road Warrior
Received 240 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by kansei
Same reason we put big blocks in cars and never leave good enough . It always was /is a pissin match . It could be a few buddies next to a lake - gonna end up who can throw a rock the furthest . Its the reason you buy more Christmas lights than your neighbour .
Exactly. Same reason we put small blocks in a Vega or S10. As for those who just like to "cruise", I always thought cruising was just a way to line up races lol

Originally Posted by jackafrica
Today I rode the wheels off it in the wilderness of the West Coast of Tasmania.
800 kilometres and totally filthy, bugs, dirt, wet roads, stone ships....

Most importantly, a huge grin and the good company of a friend on his Ducati Diavel.

Cool scenery too I bet

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 04-29-2016 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:41 PM
slowride2016
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Replaced my factory cans with these:

Sounds so much better now!

Old 04-27-2016, 12:45 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by EricRay
Really......., in my opinion, the whole point of a motor cycle even cruiser is the thrill of torque and power. Its not how fast you go but quick you get her up there. I guess not everyone likes that kind of thrill. It also comes in handy, in certain situations. I like Sport bikes also this was my last one. Loved it:

i do agree to some point, but some people try to make more hp than the bike can handle or is made for which can cost you more if you screw it up. i like sport bikes too, had an '05 kawasaki z1000 5 years ago

Originally Posted by slowride2016
Replaced my factory cans with these:

Sounds so much better now!
they look much better

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 04-29-2016 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:04 PM
xmen9c
Road Master
Received 241 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by kansei
OH gosh... here we go again...

Torque and power are relative. This is a Harley forum, not a sportbike forum. For what Harley's weigh they are plenty powerful. If they weighed 1/2 has much as they do... say as much as a sportbike, they'd have that kind of power too. Just because they can't go 0-150 in 8 seconds doesn't make the power they can produce meaningless.

I've changed the cam and exhaust on every Harley I've ever owned (and done many other things to improve power as well) and it was worth it. Is it going to beat a Ninja, no but so what. It's all relative to the owner and what he wants. As enthusiasts of the brand we can talk about whatever we want.

Old 04-27-2016, 01:34 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

agreed

Old 04-27-2016, 04:37 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,273 Likes on 936 Posts

Rewired (shortened) my rear turn signal wires so that the connectors
are located (hidden) under the fender instead of in the battery compartment.
Hope to get the other side from the main harness done a bit later....
Here's a pic.

Old 04-27-2016, 06:54 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Ride what you like. Like what you ride. Just wrong to diss on someone elses ride
Think that about sums it up

Old 04-27-2016, 07:54 PM
Staggie
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 11 Posts

Slowly getting rid of the silver. Added flush mount gauge and cap.

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Softail Today?