Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Samson True Dual exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 07:44 PM
Vwoo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Samson True Dual exhaust

I have a 12 Lo, 200mm rear.
I'm seeking some information on Samson True Dual exhaust. Please provide the pros and cons if you are familiar with the pipe. I dig the look, but my local dealership seems to feel they are less than adequate

Old 12-19-2013, 07:57 PM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look good, sound good...you might want to search this one. You might find a couple threads. Just a hunch.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:21 PM
Vwoo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Motown Strag
Look good, sound good...you might want to search this one. You might find a couple threads. Just a hunch.
Thanks. They get hot on your seat in the summer?
You have a 1" or 2" drop up front?

Old 12-19-2013, 08:47 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,866 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Originally Posted by Vwoo
I have a 12 Lo, 200mm rear.
I'm seeking some information on Samson True Dual exhaust. Please provide the pros and cons if you are familiar with the pipe. I dig the look, but my local dealership seems to feel they are less than adequate
Less than adequate? In what regard? Did the dealership elaborate?

Originally Posted by Vwoo
Thanks. They get hot on your seat in the summer?...
I live in Texas and the heat of the pipes doesn't bother me, even in the summer. Regardless, there are measures you can take to mitigate this:
1. Captain Itch crotch cooler
2. Ceramic coat the pipes

Old 12-19-2013, 09:15 PM
Vwoo
Cruiser

[QUOTE=Bone Doc;12108024]Less than adequate? In what regard? Did the dealership elaborate?

Not well enough IMO. One mentioned tuning issues. Another was trying to pimp VH. I also want to make sure there isn't an issue with going on the 290mm rear.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:24 AM
PitBullMcCoy
Cruiser

To start, I'm no exhaust expert. That being said I have searched this topic. I like the look of dual myself. Motown is right. Do a search. Plenty of good reading about those pipes. The reason this dealership is against is because they do take some of the power away. I've read that on here. I don't know what the difference would be between them and the ones you have now but if you had a good 2 into 1 set you would for sure feel a difference. I have read that on here. As far as application. I'm sure that have a set that will fit your bike.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:43 AM
1980FLHShovel
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I love mine! The left inner thigh does get a litle hot sitting in traffic because of the pipe going over the top of the primary but I knew that going in.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:30 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I lost a little going to the Samsons from my Python 2 into 1 pipe but I suspect they would be a tad better going from stock to the Samsons. My motor is not stock though so that is what keeps it in the game. I also need a Dyno but I am waiting for after my headwork is done this winter. It isn't enough to bother me though as I just cruise. As for the heat issue? I got my 3 head pipes ceramic coated. There is much less heat coming off of the pipes and they still look brand new because there is no blueing going on under the heat shields. That ran me 125.00 and I am so glad I got it done.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:45 AM
Raddazzz
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Had mine on for 4 years, bike runs better with theses than the stock pipes. Chrome has held up well also. Like others mentioned the only heat issue is upper left leg when you are stopped, just dont let your leg touch the pipe and all is good...

Old 12-20-2013, 10:13 AM
yzergod
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

What you lose in performance, you more than make up for in style. A programmer or Xied's fix most associated problems with running true duals. Never had a heat problem. My only warning is that they should have "remove before flight" flags as I've hit into them with my ankles a few times in the garage!

Quick Reply: Samson True Dual exhaust