Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Forward Controls For Breakout

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 08:50 PM
BrokenAnchor
Road Captain
Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

NSR, I have the 2014 CVO Breakout with ABS brakes and it fit perfectly. I hooked it up to the ABS pump that was enclosed in the clamshell housing. The length was perfect and the fit with the linkage in the middle for the brake sensor along with the curve around the forward reach extended controls and master cylinder were perfect. I saw some posts about the ness brake line and the fact that they weren't designed like the HD brake lines and this one comes in black from the factory. I'll post some pictures tomorrow but as far as I'm concerned it was a perfect fit. I bled the brake myself, then waited overnight, and then drove it into my HD service facility to have them bleed the rear brake with their digital machine just to be on the safe side.

I don't understand why the HD parts manual say they don't fit. I'm 6'1" and after installing the 3" extended reach forward controls it feels like the bike was made for me. I'm looking at adding the Pro Street Drag Bars and Risers to my CVO, just waiting for my local dealer to confirm that they can get them in for me. Hope this helps.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:00 PM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by BrokenAnchor
NSR, I have the 2014 CVO Breakout with ABS brakes and it fit perfectly. I hooked it up to the ABS pump that was enclosed in the clamshell housing. The length was perfect and the fit with the linkage in the middle for the brake sensor along with the curve around the forward reach extended controls and master cylinder were perfect. I saw some posts about the ness brake line and the fact that they weren't designed like the HD brake lines and this one comes in black from the factory. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

Yep, I'm one of the knuckleheads that used the Ness line.

If that part - 44972-08 - is black ... I'm switching out the Ness line on my bike for that H-D part. That's great news. Every time I walk out to the bike and see that sloppy, silver Ness line it bugs me.

REALLY looking forward to your pics tomorrow.........

Old 07-20-2016, 09:11 PM
BrokenAnchor
Road Captain

NSR, here are a couple of pics showing the fit around the master cylinder and the extended reach forward controls, as well as the alignment for the brake sensor. I didn't have good lighting to show where it attached to the ABS pump but I'll try in day light tomorrow.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:15 PM
BrokenAnchor
Road Captain

NSR, P/N 44972-08 is all black except for the junction at the brake sensor as shown in the pics I posted as well as the end that is attached to the ABS pump itself but you don't see that when it is enclosed in the clam shell housing. When you order it, it even comes with a couple of heavy duty zip ties to replace the ones you have to cut off. I'll try and get a pic tomorrow in better lighting.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:19 PM
Dalt10
Road Master

Received 189 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by BrokenAnchor
NSR, here are a couple of pics showing the fit around the master cylinder and the extended reach forward controls, as well as the alignment for the brake sensor. I didn't have good lighting to show where it attached to the ABS pump but I'll try in day light tomorrow.

I bought the Arlen Ness too. I am going to get the HD line. Looks a lot better.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:20 PM
Dalt10
Road Master

Received 189 Likes on 135 Posts

Here is the AN line.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:24 PM
BrokenAnchor
Road Captain

The HD line certainly has a better fit and looks a lot nicer cosmetically. Glad I took the chance and tried it out. I'm totally happy with the fit, the look and the feel during my rides now.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:34 PM
NSR
Road Captain

Yep - switching mine out too. BA - thanks for the great pics. Don't go nuts trying to get any more. The pics you've posted are plenty good, man.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:41 PM
BrokenAnchor
Road Captain

Glad I could help. I love this forum. Next step for me is the Pro Street Drag Bars and riser kit. That will likely be it for this year. New V&H pipes, new led Fire ring turn signals, extended reach forward controls and Avon Cobra 250/40/R18 rear tire this year. If I don't spend some money on my wife I might be on the road to divorce number two, lol.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:57 AM
NSR
Road Captain

Do yourself a big favor and ditch the H-D tires first thing. Then fix the front suspension.

Quick Reply: Extended Forward Controls For Breakout