Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sturgis must haves for your soft tail.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 03:47 PM
DAV
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sigh... getting there is half the fun.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:08 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DAV
sigh... getting there is half the fun.
4 days of hard riding....12 hrs a day. No thanx...not on a softail as a binge rider. Plus I am not addicted to pain:P

Old 07-22-2014, 04:09 PM
2002flstc
Road Warrior
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

My eighth trip to Sturgis... Tent, sleeping bag, camera, tool pouch, change of clothes, cash, and cards... Leaving next Tuesday

Old 07-22-2014, 04:20 PM
DAV
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Josewales
4 days of hard riding....12 hrs a day. No thanx...not on a softail as a binge rider. Plus I am not addicted to pain:P
48 hours of riding is a lot for sure - where are you coming from that'll take that long!

Old 07-22-2014, 04:32 PM
Pitbull_Dallas
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Going to pull the bikes with this next year....ya ya we are puss's:P. But half across the continent...need to be in one shape for a week of bliss!

Ya, ....BUT, your gonna have a lot of fun at Sturgis in that thing. Sure miss mine. But then there's the long long bike ride and sore **** that you're missing. Guess its a toss up though..

Old 07-22-2014, 05:18 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DAV
48 hours of riding is a lot for sure - where are you coming from that'll take that long!
Alberta Canada bud. Thats 2 there and 2 back...and lot of pit stops. It's the 2 back while detoxing will kill me. But hey got to go....it's on the bucket list.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:21 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Pitbull_Dallas
Ya, ....BUT, your gonna have a lot of fun at Sturgis in that thing. Sure miss mine. But then there's the long long bike ride and sore **** that you're missing. Guess its a toss up though..
Haha yep. My style is to get to a destination fast and then enjoy the local riding without caring about a schedule.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:56 PM
Pitbull_Dallas
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Alberta Canada bud. Thats 2 there and 2 back...and lot of pit stops. It's the 2 back while detoxing will kill me. But hey got to go....it's on the bucket list.
Well enjoy. It was a bucket list item for me too, but I may find a chance to make it again. And to all, DAV offered some good advice on the roads and riding early or late. Only thing I can add is watch the curves. Some can be deceiving. Saw one guy in the guard rail and some near misses. Also, dress to ride; safety gear. Shorts, no shirt and flip flops arent going to get it. Saw a guy dressed like that who was taken out by a deer. He didn't stand a chance. And last watch for the new folks on bikes that think Sturgis is a good place to learn how to ride..

Old 07-22-2014, 06:03 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,333 Likes on 11,164 Posts

Going to pull the bikes with this next year....ya ya we are puss's:P. But half across the continent...need to be in one shape for a week of bliss!

Old 07-22-2014, 08:59 PM
brockND
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suggest a fully water proof bag for clothing and any electronics that you may have. Out of the last 4 years, twice my tent has been destroyed in the wind/hail and I had wet clothes for four days. Every time I stop at the full throttle it starts hailing. I also suggest that you have a fair amount of cash but use debit/credit cards as often as you can due to the fact that most atm fees are like $7 every where you go. I recommend pedialite for quick recoveries. And do not, I REPEAT DO NOT, no matter how drunk you get do not eat a doughnut burger or free corndogs at the chip.

and don't forget: you cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

Quick Reply: Sturgis must haves for your soft tail.