Softail Parts This is the place to post your Softail Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Jeweled Harley Softail Heritage Leather Saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 08:05 AM
lookslikeahog
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Jeweled Harley Softail Heritage Leather Saddlebags

I honestly do not know what I have here other than these are 80s or early 90s Softail bags, or at least that is what they appear to be. Where did the jewels come from?? Does Harley ever make rare builds for promotions or special editions? I have NEVER seen Heritage bags with these jewels like this. There are over 100. When I saw these for sale, I'd assumed someone removed the nickel studs and replaced them with these red jewels. When they were in front of me, I honestly could not fathom how someone would have even been able to manipulate the studs/jewels inside the bag bottoms enough to not only remove the originals, but install new ones. This is especially the case way down near the bottoms. The crimped side of these jewels look just like the normal nickle studs when you look on the inside. I'd never thought about how studded bags were made before this, and I bet the studs are attached before the panels are sewn together.

5997CD 5998CD is embossed on the back. If you know for sure what these are, are if they are just someone pulling out the old studs and putting in the red ones, I'd love to know! Please comment!

I'm kind of assuming this is on the border of classic parts and the regular Softail classifieds, depending if they are 80s or 90s.

Anyways, Not sure if this is Vintage or still falls under the Softail Classifieds category.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:04 AM
Ruggs59
Road Master
Received 102 Likes on 84 Posts

Being this is in the for sale section. What are you asking for them.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:34 AM
lookslikeahog
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Price

Was hoping to field some offers. I’d be willing to take $250 plus shipping, or local pickup in Tampa, FL.