Deluxe Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 06:01 PM
chilango13
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Deluxe Pictures

Slot, what's that cilinder on your crash bars, bro?

ORIGINAL: slotbike

Scott,

My 06 is FI. The air cleaner cover is the HD Round Nostalgic Cover. It ONLY FITS over the Screaming Eagle stage 1 air intake. I also changed the stock HD air filter to a K&N and it made a HUGE difference!

Glenn
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-11-2007, 06:04 PM
gokmengs
Advanced

ORIGINAL: formerlyduc

ORIGINAL: gokmengs

ORIGINAL: BarryN

Some very nice looking scoots! Have put engine guard on mine so I could have some highway pegs and put a back rest on my solo seat for those long trips.
Thats a nice paint set from HD man! I bought my 06 deluxe last april and I wanted this paint set so bad and I looked for it everywhere then I changed my mind after getting tired of looking and decided to get a new custom paint in the future. I will buy new tins and get a new custom paint most likely along the lines of what you have, but a little different. Just out of curiosity did you buy the paint set or you bought the bike from the dealer with the paint set on? Either way it looks amazing, you don't know how many dealers I called for that paint set till I changed my mind.
gokmengs,

Love your bike man..Iam Also eyeing that same paint set but my budgetdid'nt allowit to happen. I ended with the same blue you had.That blue is really awesome under the sun specially with all the custom partson it. I know im taking my time on mine, so gotta enjoy riding stock for a while...You really did a great job on your bike man...
What kind of handle baryou got on your bike?
Thanks, the handlebars are wild1's RK bars. I had such a hard time chosing a handlebar(I still love the beach bars) and with all the money I spent on diamondback cables etc, it would cost me a lot to go to a beach bar.

Old 02-11-2007, 07:27 PM
T Rat
Tourer

Scott,

How hard would it be for you to make a copy of the pan and sell one to me

Glenn
Ironic you ask...if you are seeking just the pan I have thought about vacu-forming these out of ABS plastic and making them available to the masses. As you can see by my sig, I do costuming for charity events and so forth. I am contemplating a run of these frame covers (no structural componenets, i.e. metal seat supports). Gimme a week or so to work out the details.

Scott

Old 02-11-2007, 07:43 PM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: T Rat

Scott,

How hard would it be for you to make a copy of the pan and sell one to me

Glenn
Ironic you ask...if you are seeking just the pan I have thought about vacu-forming these out of ABS plastic and making them available to the masses. As you can see by my sig, I do costuming for charity events and so forth. I am contemplating a run of these frame covers (no structural componenets, i.e. metal seat supports). Gimme a week or so to work out the details.

Scott
Please put me on the list too. I've looked all over for a battery cover that will also cover the computer cover. I was thinking about leather but yours good.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:30 PM
slotbike
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Chil,

The "tube" is the HD billet 10" storage tube. I have one on each side of the crash bar. I had one on the right side frame (as the pics in the HD P & A book show), But I did not have enough clearence on the bottom to remove the lower cap. I put them on the crash bars and now I can use them and I get a lot of lookers wondering "what the F$%#"!

Glenn
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-12-2007, 12:01 AM
southpaw
Road Warrior

where did you get it from, and is there a part number.?

Chil,

The "tube" is the HD billet 10" storage tube. I have one on each side of the crash bar. I one on the right side frame (as the pics in the HD P & A book show, But I did not have enough clearence on the bottom to remove the lower cap. I put them on the crash bars and now I can use them and I get a lot of lookers wondering "what the F$%#"!

Glenn
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-12-2007, 12:57 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

The HD "goodies" catalog lists three different sized verions of that storage tube.

#64120-06 7.5" long X 1" dia. $122.95
#64100-03 7" long X 2" dia.$159-95
#64101-03 10" long X 2" dia. $169.95

If I were you I would go to the Zenotti's web site and check their prices HD seems a bunch high for something that doesn't make the engine put out more HP.

You can also get the Pro1 version of them from Pro1 or JP Cycles, the price seems to be the same either way.

#150-606 10" long X 2 1/4" dia. $114.99
#600-874 7" X 2 1/4" dia. $109.99
#101400 for an extra clamp $44.95
Have fun shopping.

BTW All of the above part numbers will fit1" to 1 1/4" frame tubes.

If you need one to fit a1 1/2" tube Pro1 makes clamp and tube sets that work.
All the extra clamps and these larger tube versions are not listed in theJP Cycles catalog. But if you contact them directly I'm sure they can probably get them for you. Otherwisea localsupplier should be or just do it yourself and order directly from Pro1.
#210530 for the 7" version $126.95
#210930 for the 10" version $134.95
#101430 for the extra clamp $61.95

There may be others that make them, but these are the only ones that I can find part numbers and prices for right now.

Slotbike,
I wonder how many ignorant people think they are NOS bottles?

Old 02-12-2007, 09:00 AM
slotbike
Tourer

Cit,

Thanks for jumping on the answer while I was sleeping Just goes to show how great this community is! You saved me a lot of typing!!!!! As far as thinking they are nitrous, some do, but most just have no idea what they are. I always liked the look of them but realized that they were useless on the frame. Once I moved them to the crash bar, they are useable and look pretty cool!

Glenn

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-12-2007, 11:06 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

slotbike,

Your welcome, give me a couple of catalogs and a few minutes and I'm a holy terror, add a credit card and I'm dangerous. That's why I never keep them in the same room, the wife would kill me.
Just wish she would do the same.

Anyway, I found out a couple of other details about them after I posted that so I edited it this morning to add some more info.

Its odd that many people don't know what they are, I did and the wife insists on constantlytelling me that I'm an ignorant, uncooth, ill manored,old fart. Could it be she's talking aboutthings other than cars, trucks, bikes, and guns.
Is there anything after them?
Oops, I'm sorry, I forgot there is wings, beer, pizza, beer, chips, booze, food, beer, sleep, sex, see I like lots of other stuff.
Wonder if she's taking about some of that"other" stuff she seems to like. Ice skating, fancy dress up dinners, dancing,wine. I have never been able to understand what she see's in that clap-trap.
Rather stay home, relax in my reclinerwith a Pepsi and a bag of chips and watch American Chopper than get dressed up to her specifications go to a place that overcharges for crapy trendy food, probably some kind of dietetic junk, I'derather have a hot dog or three. Then go pay more money to wathc a play I'll fall asleep during, I hate it when the sing loud, keeps me up or go to see figure skating, yuk!!!
Although I have to admit the girl skaters do dress kinda cute, so I don't get a lot of sleep there.

Anyway please excuse the ranting of an old fart, I'll get over it someday. When they put me on my bike and burry the two of us, together.
That should tick off the boys, let them fight over who gets to keep it then. HA!!!

Old 02-12-2007, 11:23 AM
slotbike
Tourer

The stock clamps from HD (that come with the tube) fit the crash bar PERFECTLY!!!!!

Glenn

[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: Deluxe Pictures