Breakout Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 02:09 AM
NSR
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackp5ca
nice...loving the wheels. Off a Rocker?
Nope, very similar but not H-D Rocker wheels. Look just a little closer. These have a smooooooth rim - no steps. "Soft Lip" is what I think they call it. The front wheel is 21x3.25, same as the original H-D BO wheel. The Rocker front wheel is smaller and narrower. Another difference is that the H-D BO wheel does not run on the bikes center line. It's not off-center by much, but it is. This new front wheel is centered - and it makes an amazing difference in how the bike handles. To finish it off, the wheel is fitted with a matching 5 Spoke brake rotor. It blends in so well you didn't even notice it, did ya? ....and it's bigger than the H-D BO rotor! A Performance Machine 6 piston caliper puts the squeeze on it.

The rear wheel is a little wider at 18x8.5". The Metz 260 fits perfectly. I didn't got for a matching 5 spoke rotor on the rear because I have something else in mind for the rear brake and rotor and for the primary and final drives. That'll get done this winter, hopefully. To make the wider rear wheel fit I did have to spring for a different pulley. It's been anodized completely black to try and keep it low profile.

I was looking for a set of very clean and simple wheels. These fit the bill. Got them from Rich at Bitchin' Seats. He's great to work with - knows his stuff and is a REAL perfectionist....no such thing as "good enough". It's either right or wrong and he will not settle for wrong.

Old 09-05-2018, 01:01 PM
Blackp5ca
Tourer
Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

You nailed it...looks awesome! Nice job on the build!

The following users liked this post:
NSR (06-10-2019)
Old 09-05-2018, 01:37 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Great mods fellas.
NSR, I probaly already asked, so I apologize in advance if ai did, but what exhaust is that? Does it drag at all?

Old 09-05-2018, 07:10 PM
NSR
Road Captain

Originally Posted by splattttttt
Great mods fellas.
NSR, I probaly already asked, so I apologize in advance if ai did, but what exhaust is that? Does it drag at all?
HA! Thanks man .... it never ends though, does it?

The pipe is from RB Racing out in California. It is their LSR 2-1 Pro Stock Challenge pipe. This pipe has NO BAFFLE. They offer the pipe with two different primary pipe diameters. I forget the exact diameter measurement, but I ordered the larger of the two they offer because I knew I was going to hang the pipes on a 124" engine. They also offer ceramic coating as an option (a few different colors are available). I went for silver ceramic coating inside and outside. Oxygen sensor bungs are another option. I went with the big bungs and just run adapters for the H-D O2 sensors now - gives me the option of stepping up to Dynojet's Target Tune and big O2 sensors later. Chrome heat shields are also an option. I went for them too.

RB Racing builds their pipes one at a time - Made To Order is their mantra. So, it takes a while to get your stuff once you place the order. Best thing to do is pull the trigger and then forget about the pipes. Then, a few months down the road when you least expect it..... BAM! IT'S NEW PIPE CHRISTMAS!!

And, no, I haven't managed to drag them yet.

Last edited by NSR; 09-05-2018 at 07:13 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:32 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Ha! Yeah. I already asked. But this time the description was mote entailed. Really enjoyed the review bro. Thanks.
In that pictcure from below the exhaust, I can see why you might have a hard time draggin them. Great products. Love that company. But my engine’s stock, so it would just be show for me and no gain.

Old 09-06-2018, 03:55 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 955 Likes on 657 Posts

As she is today...

Last edited by MoneyFor; 09-06-2018 at 03:59 AM.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:19 AM
NSR
Road Captain

Originally Posted by MoneyFor
As she is today...
Looks good man! What headlight is that and do you like it?

Also - is it a photographic effect or are your bars narrow? The chrome looks good.

Old 09-06-2018, 05:52 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 955 Likes on 657 Posts

Thanks !

I do not know the brand of the headlight but I'm happy with it, it uses the big white "angele eye" as a running light. I have 3 of them, the oher 2 are in my 48 and Iron, the one from the 48 have a chrome insert instead of the black.

The bars comes from a 2016 CVO.

The following users liked this post:
NSR (09-06-2018)
Old 09-29-2018, 07:24 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,893 Likes on 2,155 Posts

You would be surprised on the gains from the RB pipe on a stock motor with air cleaner and flash Splatt.You couldn’t run the Challenge pipe but the C-style in 1-3/4 primary works just fine. I started with the C-style and ness a/c Screaming eagle tuner. Really woke the 88 up. Went to 96” and a Challenge pipe . I didn’t listen to RB,they told me it would be a dog and it was.Back to the C-style and all was well.
You’ll be a happy camper with a 124 NSR. Guy I know just just did one this summer with the PS pipe and it is a beast. Down side of that pipe it is f-n loud.
Nice looking ride NSR

The following 2 users liked this post by back again:
NSR (11-12-2018), splattttttt (02-10-2019)
Old 10-31-2018, 12:16 AM
psc
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Quick Reply: Breakout Pictures